Finding packages is now at your fingertips
Whether you have pending food delivery, grocery delivery, or alcohol delivery, Upper helps you stay on top of package delivery, regardless of time and place.
Get updated delivery
Drop your tracking ID
on the search bar to know
soon it will get delivered.
Know your delivery status
from other countries like
the US, UK, and across Europe.
Access delivery status
Know when your parcel will
come out for delivery
with a single click.
No more hassles
about parcel delivery
Discover where your parcel
is lying and at what time
it will get delivered.
The United States Postal Service (USPS), also called Postal service, Post Office, or U.S. Mail, is an independent organization of the executive branch of the American government. They are responsible for providing postal services to people in the United States plus those in the insular areas of the country. USPS package tracker is among the government agencies that are authorized by the U.S. constitution. The agency has over 516,000 employees as of 2021.
Apart from providing delivery and mail processing services, it controls the application of postal rates and fees. These postal rates and fees are determined by the independent Postal Regulatory Service and the agency’s board of governors.
The USPS package tracker traces its root to 1775. This was during the Second Continental Congress, and Benjamin Franklin was appointed postmaster general. The USPS post office department was created in 1792, with the passage of the Postal Service Act. In 1872, it was elevated to a cabinet-level department and was transformed into the United States Postal Service in 1970 by the Postal Reorganization Act.
This agency has a monopoly on “letter” delivery in the United States. It has exclusive access to personal letterboxes in the United States and letter boxes marked “U.S. Mail.”
United Parcel Service (UPS) and FedEx compete with the USPS package tracker. But, due to the postal agency’s monopoly, these companies are not permitted to deliver non-urgent letters.
The USPS Package Tracker delivers 425.3 million pieces of mail per day and they control one of the largest civilian fleets of vehicles worldwide. In terms of volume and geography, USPS Package Tracker is the world’s largest postal solution, delivering about 47% of the globe’s mail.
How do Upper Route Planner and USPS work?
It is easy to track a USPS package with Upper Route Planner. By using Upper Route Planner, you can increase efficiency by creating an optimized route that helps you to save time and other useful resources.
Our software is intuitive, and it is designed for end-users. It is packed with lots of excellent features that help both senders and recipients.
The best part about our software is that we have a 7-day free trial which gives you access to our premium service without using your credit card. This free trial helps you to get a sense of what we offer.
Some features of Upper Route Planner software include; accurate tracking, removal of manual delivery paperwork, provision of real-time data, and other exceptional features.
Want to see how our tool will help you supercharge your business? Try our free service for 7 days. No credit card is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to track my USPS package without a tracking number?
No, you can’t track your USPS package without your tracking number. After making a purchase, keep your receipt so you can easily track your package. Your USPS tracking number is 22 digits; you’ll receive this number after paying postage for an item to be shipped with USPS.
When does the USPS Package Tracker deliver?
The USPS Package delivery time is from 9 am to 5 pm local time, Monday through Saturday, except for Priority Mail Express and Amazon packages which are delivered on Sundays by USPS.
For international packages, how long will it take USPS Package Tracker to deliver?
For international packages, the timeframe for receiving your order varies, and it depends on the mail class and the destination.
Below are the USPS mail classes (These mail classes affect both domestic and international delivery):
- Priority Mail: This mail class offers deliveries from 1-3 business days
- Priority Mail Express: Here delivery takes 1-2 business days
- Parcel Select & Parcel Select Lightweight: To deliver a package with this option, it takes 2-9 business days
- USPS Marketing Mail: There is no specific time when your order will be delivered. Plus, you’ll pay an extra fee for the USPS tracking number when using First-Class mail.
- First-Class Mail: This class offers deliveries from one to five business days
- Periodicals: This option offers delivery from three to ten business days
Other factors that affect international delivery include the following:
- Rules and limitations on what you are trying to ship in both the sender and recipient countries
- Security and custom rules in the different countries
- How remote the package’s destination is
- Other unusual circumstances that the agency might encounter while shipping your package such as severe weather, traffic, changes in a carrier route, etc.
It is important to note that USPS Package Tracker ships mail to over 180 countries.
Is it possible to send medication through USPS Package Tracker?
Only registered distributors with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) like pharmacists, medical practitioners, etc., can mail medication substances.
Can my USPS First-Class Mail arrive late?
Yes, but usually, First-Class Mail arrives within one to three days. However, the number of days here is an estimation, and USPS does not provide a guarantee.
Can I get a refund for the late delivery?
No, you can’t get a refund from USPS for late delivery.
Is it possible to check the status of my USPS package?
Yes, you can check the location and status of your package with USPS using the package’s USPS tracking number.
Also, with the help of Upper Route Planner, you can easily track your USPS package from any part of the world.
How long will it take for my USPS tracking number to update?
It takes 24 hours for a USPS package tracking to be updated. However, some challenges can make the process last longer.
How long does the USPS hold an item?
This agency can hold your mail at the final destination for 30 days until you return. But to hold it for longer or reroute it, you have to request it by signing up for their “USPS forwarding service.”
For example, if you are relocating for a short period, submit a temporary change-of-address request to get your mail, for 15 days to 1 year. On the other hand, if you are moving, submit a permanent change-of-address request. By completing this request, your USPS mail will be rerouted to your new address.
How can I sign for my USPS package?
Some Mails need to be signed by the recipient when it is delivered. Such packages include:
- Packages sent with Priority Mail Express (You’ll sign the package if requested)
- Insured Mail (over $500)
- Return Receipt
- Signature Confirmation
- Collect on Delivery
- Certified Mail
- Registered Mail
- Adult Signature
Note: If you sign for mail, you admit delivery. This means that the USPS liability ends once you sign for the mail.
Signing for a parcel is done electronically with USPS Package Tracker. To do that, you must sign up for their eSOL, and this eSOL is exclusively available for Informed Delivery customers. The process is simple, and you can provide your signature using your desktop mouse or touch screen.
If you are not home when a courier delivers a package for you to sign, you’ll receive a notification. Then the courier will take it back to the nearest post office. Now, check the notification message you receive from USPS Package Tracker and follow the instructions to pick up your parcel. You can go to the nearest post office to pick it up or call them for redelivery.
What should be the next step if I don’t receive my parcel from USPS?
USPS will mark your parcel “missing” when it has not been delivered. However, you can use the Upper Route Planner to check the exact location of the parcel with your USPS package tracking number.
Also, you can search for your package with the following steps:
- Check the current status: The first step is to check your delivery status with the tracking number.
- Fill out a help request form: After checking the status, USPS recommends that you fill out their online help request form before you proceed with the “missing mail search.” Most importantly, use a desktop computer to submit the form.
- Waiting period: You have to wait for 7 days after completing the form. If you don’t receive the package after 7 business days, you’ll have to take the next move.
- Submit a Missing Mail Search Request: Here, you’ve to submit a “Missing Mail Search Request” with the following information; the sender’s mailing address, recipient mailing address, the type of container you used and the size of the pack, Identity information like Click-N-Ship label receipt, USPS tracking number, etc., pictures that will help USPS recognize your package, and description of the missing content.
After completing the “Missing Mail Search Request,” you’ll receive a confirmation email from USPS Package Tracker. Hereon, you’ll start receiving regular updates about their effort.
Once they find the parcel, they’ll dispatch it to your address. But if your package is not recovered, you can request a refund if you used a money-back guarantee service like Priority Mail Express. You can also file for an insurance claim if your package or mail included insurance.
What determines the postage price for international mail?
Shape, weight, dimensions, and destination country are the factors that determine the price of the postage for international mail.
USPS Package Tracker also has an “International Price Calculator” that allows you to calculate postage price by providing the right information about your package.
What’s the right thing to do if I miss my USPS delivery?
When you miss your USPS delivery, you’ll get a redelivery notice at your front door or in your mailbox that they tried to deliver a parcel but were unable to do that. Sometimes, the redelivery notice will include reasons why the delivery was unsuccessful. Some reasons why they aren’t able to deliver your item could be that the pack needs a postage fee or signature, security reasons, or a package not fitting a mailbox.
However, follow the instructions on the redelivery notice to pick up your shipment.
When will my USPS parcel be delivered?
The delivery time depends on the mail class used, location, and some external factors that will hinder the shipping process. But, in some cases, you’ll get your package in less than 7 days. You can as well use Upper Route Planner to get more accurate information on where your package is.
So, if you are waiting for a package from USPS Package Tracker and you want to know the exact location of the parcel, use Upper Route Planner to get accurate details. Our service is free for 7 days, and you can use it without your credit card.
Where can I find my USPS tracking number?
You can find your USPS tracking number in the following places:
- Your sales receipt; you can find the tracking number here if you bought insurance at the Post Office
- A post office shipping machine
- The shipping confirmation email from an online shop
- The lowest part of your USPS Tracking Label
- If you ship something from USPS.com, you’ll find the tracking number in your email confirmation
In the U.S.; the USPS tracking number is 22 digits, and it is shorter for global shipment
Why is it that my USPS package is not moving?
It can be annoying if your USPS shipment is not moving. In cases like this, you can check the exact location of your item with Upper Route Planner. This tool gives you the precise location of your package. But if the data is not changing, then the following might be the reason why your shipment is not moving.
- Someone disarranged your parcel at a facility (USPS Package Tracker handles thousands of items daily, so there could have been some error).
- The address for the item is wrong or incorrect.
- Weather-related issues can be one of the reasons why your package is not moving. Usually, this happens during the rainy season, snowstorms, tornados, and other harsh weather conditions.
- A courier can stop delivering your item if the parcel is unstable or too dangerous.
Why is my package status “pending” with USPS?
Before the USPS package tracker ships your item, the status will be “pending.” This means that they’ve received the package, but the shipment has not reached their first sorting facility.
Also, a package may be pending because it is in a queue for processing. USPS will process your package once the packages before yours are processed. With Upper Route Planner, you can get information about the location of your package seamlessly. Feel free to try our service free for 7 without your credit card