Plan routes in a click, Optimize 100s of routes together, Schedule pickups & deliveries in one route
Want to Schedule Optimized
Routes in Minutes?
With the Upper app, you can expect to come home earlier from your daily shift and spend more time with your family and the things you love. Not only this, but the Upper app will make your entire routing operations smooth and efficient.
- Add multiple stops manually, you can even edit and add relevant instructions to each stop
- Can even import the stops by visiting app.upperinc.com and logging in via mobile app credentials
- Optimize the routes either considering time or distance factors
- Prioritize your stops either labeling them normal or urgent and then plan the routes
- Necessary delivery-related instructions can be added to serve recipients with better clarity
- Dedicated service time can be added as per individual stop requirements
- Collect proof of deliveries in the form of photos, e-signatures and notes
- Overall time windows can be added, minimizing the chance of missed or failed deliveries
- Get entire route information including the details of stops completed, scheduled date, start and end time of the route, etc
- Reverse the existing route in just a tap, no need to go through entire route planning again
- Send real-time customer alerts and delight your customer with live delivery updates
- Export your routes in CSV or XLS file format
What People Say About Upper
I took a part time position at Canada Post during the fall/winter peak parcel delivery season. I decided to try Upper Route Planner and honestly found it to be exactly what I needed. It saved me stress finding delivery locations that were new to me. It saved me time and gas dollars as it optimized my route. Bottom line, I could not imagine completing my daily deliveries without it. It made the parcel delivery job enjoyable!
Darrell MayDelivery driver at Canada Post
Make Route Planning and Optimization Effortless
Free to use
Find the cheapest gas stations, Plan your trip, Calculate your trip
If you are looking for the most affordable gas stations near you, then GasBuddy is the perfect app for you, as it shows you the gas prices of nearby gas stations. Moreover, GasBuddy shows you the prices of all fuel types so that you can make the best purchasing decision.
This app can be an absolute lifesaver if you are running low on gas. While the cost savings might seem minuscule at first, they quickly add up to a massive chunk of money.
- GasBuddy shows you real-time gas prices at different gas stations so that you can compare them at any given time.
- GasBuddy allows users to add reviews for all the gas stations and restrooms they have visited.
- GasBuddy relies on real-time data provided by users, which means you can access up-to-date information on gas prices.
- The app provides you with different gas tools, including an outage tracker, trip calculator, and more.
When I went to fill up my vehicle last month and noticed I was paying nearly $70 for a single tank of gas, I had to find some solution that would work for my needs. This is when I realized the full feature set GasBuddy packs into their easy-to-use UI/UX. I have since been earning real cash back (gas back is the term – credits redeemed in fuel) every time I pay with my GasBuddy card and get to be a part of an actual community of members who are usually locals or people who visit the same gas stations you do. Can’t say enough good things about this app so far.
- It is often the case that there are frequent discrepancies between displayed gas prices and actual gas prices.
- Customers report issues with transactions on the GasBuddy card.
- The customer support team is not as responsive as it should be. It takes time to provide a solution.
They’re telling me that I could be sent to collections because of the money I owe. I’m confused and checked my account. Nothing’s changed, and it still shows that they took the money, then put it back. I emailed them about the issue – they told me that there were insufficient funds in my account – which I checked and wasn’t true. I showed them proof via a screenshot (no personal info included), and they’ve not responded. I just deleted my account and the app, but I wanted to come here to leave this review. Be careful here.
Free to use
Toilet finder, User reviews
When on the road, drivers feel the urge to use the bathroom. However, this is very difficult to do in unfamiliar areas where you don’t know where the toilets are. To fix this issue, an application like Flush is the ideal solution for finding nearby restrooms.
Not only does Flush show you the location of all the nearby toilets, but it also shows you the precise directions to reach them. You can also view additional information like toilet fees and toilet reviews that are submitted by other drivers.
- The app shows all nearby toilets with details like disabled accessibility and key requirements.
- Flush allows users to rate and review the restrooms they visit. This feature helps you get an idea of the cleanliness, amenities, and overall quality.
- Flush allows you to download restroom data for offline use, which can be beneficial in situations where you have limited or no internet connectivity.
This is a great, simple app that does exactly what it is supposed to do — shows you a map with toilets, whether or not they’re easily accessible (in terms of needing a key but also in terms of ADA accessibility), and allows ratings.
- Users have noticed that Flush is prone to showing inaccurate results in less populated areas.
- Flush app may experience occasional technical issues, bugs, or crashes that can affect the app’s usability.
- It focuses solely on public restrooms and may not include restrooms in private establishments or require access codes.
When I got home, I tested it to see if it would show places I KNOW have bathrooms around me. It doesn’t and then shows places I KNOW do not. Shows a 7-11 as having a toilet. Never seen a single 7-11 in my life have a public restroom. And then it doesn’t show Targets as having bathrooms. Targets always have bathrooms, and they are always open, even during the pandemic. Makes the app not useful.
Free to use
Instant encrypted messaging, Group messaging, In-app calling
As a delivery driver, it is essential to have a reliable method of communication with your customers and employers. A method of communication that has seen widespread global usage is Whatsapp, as almost all mobile phone users have it installed on their devices.
WhatsApp allows for rapid data-based communication with all of your contacts and has end-to-end encryption for all users. The app is completely free to use and has plenty of customization features that allow you to use it in any desired manner.
- WhatsApp has a large user base, making it easy to find contacts that you want to chat with online.
- WhatsApp is completely free to use with no advertisements.
- The app has a calling feature, too, so you can make a call to anyone with a single click
WhatsApp will go down in history as an App that changes the way we live across the globe and how we communicate. Just downloaded it as a chat app to connect with local friends planning weekend meetups. Now No international calling cards, all my family and friends, I call them via audio and video calls via WhatsApp. For Work, Professional Network Professional Network, and for connecting with people of the same geographical area and same interests, I manage more than 1500 different WhatsApp groups. WhatsApp, you are amazing.
- The app has frequent data leaks and hacks that could put users of the app at risk
- The customer support team is often slow and unresponsive due to the number of requests.
- If you have limited or no internet access, your ability to use WhatsApp and communicate with others will be restricted.
My account and multiple people I work with all had our accounts hacked on the same day. WhatsApp claims that when you verify your phone number, any accounts still logged in on other devices will automatically log off, and they will have to verify your phone number. This is not true, for the people that hacked our workplace were still able to use our numbers and impersonate us. We have screenshots and a record of the times on Reddit. Not only did they take over our phone numbers, but they also changed the six-digit security pin and the emails associated with our accounts.
Free to use
Local delivery assignment
About Amazon Flex
If you are looking for a delivery app that gives you a lot of flexibility in the way you work, then Amazon Flex is here. On Amazon Flex, you get to work the way you want to, as this delivery app pays you based on the number of deliveries that you accept and complete.
The Amazon Flex app provides delivery assignments to drivers. These assignments typically involve picking up packages from Amazon delivery stations or warehouses and delivering them to customers’ addresses.
- Amazon Flex offers flexible working hours, allowing drivers to choose when they want to work based on their availability.
- Participating in the Amazon Flex program can be a way to earn extra income in addition to a primary job or other sources of revenue.
- Amazon Flex drivers can earn money by delivering packages. The program often offers competitive pay rates.
At a time when there were not a lot of good-paying jobs, Amazon Flex presented itself to me. A new distribution center moved into my hometown, not far from my house, and the opportunity for delivery on my own schedule was made available. I have driven for Amazon now for a month, and I can’t say enough good things about it! The support level is amazing, and it seems like everybody that works for Amazon is just plain happy with their job! From the people that I have delivered from Whole Foods to the people in the distribution center! I am so glad that I was able to get in on this Opportunity…
- Many users have reported issues with the payment processing for prior shifts.
- Delivery conditions can vary based on factors such as weather, traffic, and the nature of the delivery location.
- Amazon Flex drivers are considered independent contractors rather than employees.
I did one of the shifts on Monday, but the app still says I have no earnings, and you are supposed to get paid Tuesdays and Fridays. So it’s false advertising because you are supposed to get the money from the shifts you did prior. Also been trying to talk to someone about it, and you can only email them about your account. The support team had me feeling like they were getting paid for nothing because some didn’t help me at all. The way you return packages is ridiculous because if it’s closed, you have to return the packages before 10 am the next day.
Workout tutorial videos, Meal recipe guides
It is no surprise that taking care of your health and diet is quite tedious when you work as a delivery driver. To help delivery drivers stay healthy, 8fit offers pre-made meal plans and workout programs that can be easily done at home or in the middle of delivery schedules.
8fit gives you all the workout progfvrams in easy-to-consume video formats that you can easily follow along with. The ease of use is what makes many delivery drivers use 8fit to improve their overall physical health.
- 8fit app has multiple meal and workout plans to choose from that keep in mind your dietary restrictions and fitness goals.
- The app provides a wide range of workout options, including bodyweight exercises, strength training, yoga, and HIIT workouts.
- 8fit offers personalized meal plans and nutrition-tracking tools to help users make healthier dietary choices.
I started out wanting to use the app for workouts. What I found was so much more than I was prepared for. I’ve used meal planning far more than the exercises and am able to log in my exercises outside of what I have utilized on the app. Being that I am far-sighted, the only complaint I have is that the app is no longer viewable on the laptop, and I can only see the recipes and workouts on my iPhone. This makes it harder for me to see and read.
- Many customers report facing issues with the recurring payments system.
- The app is limited to home workouts and has no gym-based workouts.
- Like any mobile app, 8fit is subject to occasional technical issues, bugs, or performance inconsistencies.
Beware! I really like this APP for my workouts. It helps with planning meals and getting in a great workout in a short amount of time. But I do want to throw caution out because I’ve been struggling for 2 years trying to get the annual billing straightened out so I can apply the payment to a different credit card. I’ve had to continue paying annual fees on my credit card just because of this one APP. iTunes doesn’t have a record of my purchase, so I’m thinking maybe I went through Google for some reason.
Guided meditation sessions, Soothing music library
Headspace is a popular app that is built to help individuals with mindfulness. It is absolutely essential for those that are working in stressful fields. The Headspace app has plenty of guided meditation sessions, mindfulness exercises, and other tools for you to use.
What makes it even better is the fact that its sessions are very accessible and short, making it easy for almost anyone to start taking better care of their mental health. Headspace includes a meditation timer feature that allows users to meditate independently without guidance.
- The app provides highly accessible guided meditation to its users.
- Users can experience a specialized music library to help with sleep-related issues.
- The app provides sleep-focused content, including sleep casts and bedtime stories, designed to help users relax and improve sleep quality.
I’ve been using Headspace for a couple of years. The free version was recommended to me by my therapist. They have options for students and people with lower incomes. The customer service staff is very kind and understanding. I will be honest, quite a bit of the meditation sound very similar, but each session has its own blurb before the meditation. There are also ways to reflect on and track your anxieties and stressors. Many videos, activities, and topics as well. I really recommend Headspace.
- The recurring payments made on the platform are often hard to cancel.
- The content provided on the app is considered generic by many users.
- A subscription is required to unlock the full range of features and meditation courses.
My son signed up for this app in 2018 for a year. Four years later, they are still taking an annual payment from my credit card without authorization despite him removing the app and canceling his subscription on his phone. Apparently, you can only cancel a subscription by logging in on their website. And please be aware that they somehow access new card details via your Apple ID – our credit card changed, but they still took the annual payment!!! Do not use this app.
Personal grocery delivery listing
Dumpling app is an online platform that enables individuals to start and manage their own personal grocery shopping and delivery businesses. It offers tools and support to help users build and grow their independent grocery shopping and delivery services.
This can be a great side hustle for drivers as the delivery fee covers everything from the time taken to shop for the listed items to delivering them. With flexible pricing, order management tools, and marketing support, Dumpling helps users build and grow their personal shopping businesses.
- Dumpling allows individuals to work based on their own schedule without being bound by any strict working hours.
- Unlike other delivery apps, you get to interact directly with customers when delivering groceries to them.
- With Dumpling, users have the flexibility to set their own pricing structure and service fees.
I am so grateful you guys created this platform for me to have my own shopping/delivery service. I cannot have a normal job for the rest of my life due to a head injury 20 years ago. I do run and own a DJ Business, but this keeps me busy during the week and creates so many opportunities not only to get more shoppers but to have more clients hire me for their weddings, parties, or other events. You guys are a blessing. Thank you again!
- Lower base pay when compared to other competing grocery delivery apps.
- As an independent provider, users of the Dumpling app may face competition from other grocery shopping and delivery services in their local area.
- The app lags in between, which makes it difficult for users to use it.
When Dumpling first started a few years ago, I felt empowered to run my own business and control my pricing and clientele. In the last year, they have turned the tables to where they are making a bulk of YOUR earnings which in turn requires you to increase your cost of services. This has caused me to lose over half my customers because it is now too expensive, and they pay less using other services available.
user playlists, large audio content library
Blasting some tunes or podcasts while on a long trip is something that almost all drivers enjoy, as it makes the overall experience of driving more exhilarating. Spotify is the one-stop shop for all of your auditory needs, as it has a massive library of content for you to enjoy.
Though when your favorite music is being played, you certainly wouldn’t appreciate being interrupted by advertisements. To avoid these interruptions, you might want to upgrade to Spotify Premium, which has no ads and a lot of benefits over the free version.
- The Spotify app plays music even when the phone is locked to allow for an uninterrupted listening experience.
- Spotify hosts plenty of user-made playlists to choose from and allows you to create your own playlists.
- The app uses advanced algorithms to analyze your listening habits and provide personalized song recommendations and playlists.
This app is great. It has a lot of great songs, and lyrics are available. But again, I really don’t like this app. Ads are one thing, but having two minutes’ worth of ads after only two songs? That’s ridiculous. There is also one ad that really annoys me; it’s the Juvederm ad. It is one minute long talking about lip fillers. I cannot tell you how many times I have down-thumbed this ad, but I still hear it. Take it off. It’s so annoying to listen to! Also, get new ads.
- Spotify allows users to create and share playlists, but the quality and accuracy of these user-generated playlists can vary.
- Some features, like cross-platform support, are lacking when compared to competing apps.
- The free version of Spotify has some limitations, such as a shuffle-only mode for playlists and a skip limit.
Spotify’s support is AWFUL. I was suddenly charged 5x for my one account. There is no one to call to complain. I explained the issue online but didn’t get my matter resolved. My bank statement doesn’t match what they say they pulled out of my account. Dropping their service!!
Traffic alerts, Optimized routing
If you are looking for a simple map application, Waze is perhaps your best bet. Waze is used by more than 100 million users as their go-to map application due to its functionality. It not only shows you the fastest route to your destination but also traffic and police presence.
Because Waze is so effectively able to show you all of these factors of delay, you can strategically avoid them and arrive at your destination faster.
- The Waze app has access to live traffic data and shows you real-time traffic updates on your routes.
- Waze has partnered with products that help you use multiple apps seamlessly while navigating.
- The Waze app is completely free to download and use for users all around the world.
Waze is my #1 choice for GPS. Live traffic updates, being able to edit traffic conditions on the fly to give a more accurate commute, and sharing routes and ETAs are great features. I do hope they integrate voice commands with Siri so we can say things like, “Hey Waze, drop a stopped vehicle pin.” While we are driving, interaction becomes hands-free and safer.
- Despite the live traffic and road condition data, routing may prove to be inefficient.
- Waze utilizes a significant amount of data, primarily due to the continuous updates it provides.
- Waze offers a wide range of features and settings, which can result in a learning curve for new users.
This app is useful for ETA’s if you sync with your calendar and to show you where traffic jams are. However, expect it always to take you through traffic jams. The most use I’ve gotten out of this app during traffic hours (aka the time you would most want to use this app) is zooming out to see the full map and then seeing myself how to get around the jam. Without fail, if I’m trying to get home from work, Waze will want me to take a Street that I know for a fact will be jammed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best app for delivery drivers?
Upper, a route planning app, is ideal for delivery drivers to check their delivery schedules and other route plan details within a few clicks. It notifies the drivers about multi-stop deliveries in advance so that there would be no further delays.
Which are the essential apps for delivery drivers?
Here are some essential apps for delivery drivers:
- Upper: Upper is a powerful app specifically designed for delivery drivers. It helps optimize routes, saving time and fuel costs by efficiently planning the most optimal delivery sequence.
- Onfleet and DispatchTrack: These delivery management apps help manage delivery operations efficiently.
- MileIQ and Everlance: These mileage tracking apps help delivery drivers to track their mileage for tax purposes or reimbursement.
Which apps offer features like proof of delivery or signature capture?
Upper is best known for providing proof of delivery and capturing signature features, allowing delivery drivers to capture photos, collect signatures, and add notes for deliveries.
Which is the best food delivery app for drivers?
The best food delivery services, like DoorDash and Uber Eats, are best known for having their apps pay the best to their delivery drivers. On average, apps for delivery drivers can easily expect the hourly pay rates to range from $15-$25 on these platforms.
Which driver app makes the most money?
AmazonFlex and Eaze are the two apps for delivery drivers that offer the most money, with an average of $20-27 per hour of actual earnings. You just need a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to start delivering for these companies.
Which delivery job should you opt for more money?
Delivery drivers are in more demand than ever. So, you can work for any company that delivers parcels to customers and earn money. However, Postmates and DoorDash are among the best-paying delivery companies.