Route planning & optimization, Excel import, Prioritize stops, Pickups, or deliveries in a single route, Import contacts
Upper is the top web and mobile-based multi-stop route planner. It is widely used by industries that incorporate logistics and transportation into their business operations. Whether you’re a small business owner, a huge delivery company employing multiple drivers, a logistics manager, or an individual driver, Upper is here to help you plan multi-stop routes in every way possible.
With Upper, you can plan and customize routes considering factors like time windows, stop priorities, distance, available drivers, and vehicle type. Not just this, the advanced route optimization algorithms ensure you cover maximum stops in the minimum resources involved.
Now, let’s look at what further Upper has to offer you.
- Easily import your CSV or XLS files that contain stop details and additional data
- Use the multi-route selector tool and quickly re-assign the selected stops to any available driver
- Collect photos, signatures, and delivery notes as proof of deliveries to avoid future disputes
- Allocate dedicated service time to individual stops to ensure efficient planning and timely execution of deliveries or pickups
- Add customer-preferred time windows to reach them on time and minimize the number of failed or incomplete deliveries
- Set your preferences based on time or distance to optimize the routes accordingly
- Choose the preferred date range, and get the entire data of total routes completed, stops completed, skipped/missed stops, as well as not visited stops right on your dashboard
- Either add multiple contacts in one go or create an address book for efficient route creation and planning in the future
- Get instantly notified in the case when address(s) with ambiguous geocoding results require your attention
- Live driver tracking to measure their overall performance as well as to get updates about the progress of the task assigned
- Real-time driver updates to dispatchers as well as recipients for getting instant updates about the status of their respective deliveries
- Detailed reports and summaries of the routes planned and optimized. This lets the dispatchers track the performance of individual routes on the field
- Dispatchers can modify driver app configuration as they feel good and keep entire control in their hands to avoid disruptions or issues
- Prioritize urgent deliveries based on and mark them as crucial to optimize routes accordingly
- Use color coding to identify and categorize drivers easily
- Swap planned routes among the available drivers in case of urgency
- Send real-time delivery updates via email or text to the recipients
- Easily schedule your routes a month in advance and even dispatch them among the drivers
- Allow your drivers to drop off packages directly at the curb or designated points, reducing the need for entry or parking at specific locations
- Get 24/7 dedicated customer support via Email, chat, and telephone
What People Say About Upper
Saved 10 hours per week & delivering 3x more meals with Upper Route Planner. It’s easy to take proof of delivery, the speed is great, it’s super super fast!
Ben Parker,Delivery Manager of Flavors2Go
Create custom check-ins, Turn-by-turn directions, Route mode to view and modify routes
About Badger Maps
Badger Maps is one of the efficient route planning solutions for outside sales or those involved in the logistics business. Basically, it plans the routes for field salespeople by efficiently handling the complexities involved between the routes when the team is in on field. Route planning software even helps field salespeople to find prospects while serving the current customer base.
With a 7-day free trial and the pricing plans just starting at $49 per month for 50 address credits, it is surely a must-try software. However, the pricing criteria is credit based. So, you will be charged with credit (address) requirements as per your business. You can even explore other Badger Maps alternatives just to opt for an ideal one.
- Easy and convenient user interface with advanced mapping capabilities.
- Client contacts that are recurring in nature can be efficiently maintained.
- Create custom check-ins with photos to gather data on all the sales reps working on the field.
- Advanced sales territory management to help salespeople find new leads by visualizing the best opportunities instantly.
The import function for the data. Being able to take my workbook and filter accordingly and import the addresses to see the dense areas my customers populate.
- Users are unable to use the Lasso tool smoothly. They often circle the pins and try to save and create routes, which they aren’t allowed to do sometimes.
- Auto saving of the routes as and when you create and easy access for it in the future is lacking.
- The function to archive routes to easily access them in the future is missing.
- Users reported that once the routes get dispatched they cannot modify or delete the stops in between.
Badger has had a poor ability to reliably keep notes that I have entered. I have been frustrated losing key info on numerous occasions. I stopped reporting the issue because it kept happening so often
Proof of deliveries, Live Tracking, Geofencing
Track-POD is precisely designed to provide accurate proof of deliveries along with real-time tracking capacities to thousands of businesses irrespective of the size. Moving further it also has route planning and optimization abilities that can plan thousands of stops accurately, and allocate new jobs with map-based scheduling, instant delivery notification, and live updated ETAs.
They even have ePOD, an intuitive mobile route planner app that works offline and syncs the data when the internet connection is available. However, they claim to be the all-in-one delivery management solution, but the features offered and the pricing charged are likely to be expensive when compared to other Track-POD alternatives in the market like Upper.
- Track-POD is an advance route planner that can sort deliveries per driver ensuring each driver receives the appropriate workload.
- Managers and drivers can conduct two-way communication through an inbuilt chat feature.
- Efficient route planning and optimizing capabilities can save time and resources by streamlining delivery routes and maximizing productivity.
What I like most about the software is that it optimizes the route for the day. Making us more efficient and saving us money on wasted fuel and time
- The route planner supports overly sensitive map scrolling which may lead to inconvenience or accidental errors while navigating the map.
- Route planner cannot easily integrate with other software. This can hinder seamless workflow and data transfer.
- Expensive additional driver pay. Paying the additional cost for each new driver added can impact the budget and profitability.
- Users reported that routes cannot be flexibly modified once initiated.
The support is AWFUL. Rude, argumentative, and unhelpful. Rather than admit to failings in their product and take suggestions on board, the support team deliberately confuses and delays conversations.
Easy route export to Excel, Garmin & more, Live ETAs & Breadcrumbs, Real-time order tracking
With all the advanced and sophisticated algorithm, OptimoRoute help field service and delivery business plan optimal routes along with timely scheduling and direct dispatch to the dedicated route planner app. A route planner is suitable for a wide array of businesses from small mom-and-pop stores, to billion-dollar enterprises across the globe. Some of them are logistics, retail and distribution, food delivery, startups offering on-demand services, and many more.
However, there are a few drawbacks that can’t be ignored as well and need to be worked upon. No driver-dispatcher chat, no real-time live traffic data, need to pay with each additional user, etc. You can check out other OptimoRoute alternatives which can overcome these deficiencies.
- OptimoRoute’s affordable pricing plan tailored for individual users works well for businesses with small-scale operations.
- The route planner excels at accurately identifying and geotagging addresses, even for rural areas, streamlining the planning process.
- Allows users to personalize and automate communication with customers, enhancing efficiency and professionalism.
- Provides excellent customer support, with responsive teams that offer timely assistance and effective solutions.
Love the live tracking abilities for customers, review options for customers, etc.
- The route planning software does not support multiple depots simultaneously. This can severely limit functions for certain delivery operations.
- The lack of a built-in calendar and also synchronization with Google Calendar makes it challenging to manage and coordinate schedules effectively.
- Incorrect estimated time of arrival, leading to potential delays or confusion.
- Strong need to manually correct the routes because of the use of outdated maps.
More support videos are needed. Would be good to have more consistent product updates with new features. Similar street names are sometimes put to the wrong zip codes and cities.
ETA-triggered notifications, Historical data analytics, Barcode scanning & age verification
Onfleet is a San Francisco-based delivery software company that is providing last-mile delivery solutions. With a detailed dispatcher’s web app, a dedicated intuitive route planner app for iOS and Android devices is also available. You can freely access this trusted last-mile delivery solution for 14 days, however, you need to serve your credit card details first.
Other than this you need to also keep in mind that the route planning software is ideal for large business enterprises only because of its expensive pricing plan starting from $500/month. However, all the required features are offered by the software. The only thing that you will find as a challenge is the steep learning curve because of the complex UI.
In case you are interested to know some other Onfleet alternatives to arrive at an informed decision, you can check out Onfleet alternatives here.
- The software ensures a smooth and hassle-free setup for new users and offers an intuitive user interface for effortless navigation.
- The last-mile delivery route planner has a bundle of robust features and is backed by responsive and helpful customer service, ensuring a smooth user experience.
- The drag-and-drop feature allows users to conduct effortless customization of routes.
The drag-and-drop interface and real-time time calculations. It makes creating routes much easier when trying to deliver within time windows.
- The occasional lag and glitches in the program can cause scheduled delivery issues. It can also result in delays and disruptions in the delivery process, leading to customer dissatisfaction.
- The route planner can also result in delays and disruptions in the delivery process, leading to customer dissatisfaction.
- Limited options for storing additional information can make it challenging to organize and retrieve specific data needed for notifications or order tracking.
Verified LinkedIn user
The time estimates are too pessimistic and overshoot actual driving times by at least 50%
Real-time driver tracking, Multiple depots & drivers, Global account search
Circuit is a synchronized delivery software for dispatchers and delivery drivers that can automatically import delivery data into the web app, can easily connect with 3rd party platforms, optimize routes smartly, and track deliveries in real-time. It is basically a single delivery management system that is allowing the dispatchers to manage all the multiple depots under one roof with location-specific preferences.
You can freely access the software for 14-day after entering your credit card information. The pricing plan is cost-effective when compared to other Circuit alternatives however the additional pay per driver ($40/driver) and the handful of features under their initial plan might give users second thoughts about not continuing with it.
- OptimoRoute integrates effectively with Google Maps, enhancing its functionality and usability.
- Users reported that OptimoRoute’s interface is straightforward and productive, delivering exactly what it promises.
- The route planner simplifies the process of planning and arranging routes, even in unfamiliar areas.
- Data can be efficiently managed because of the easy import and export functionality of comprehensive data on a daily and weekly basis.
It is very easy to understand, very easy to add a stop, easy to edit on the go, and works with google maps. So, basically, it ticked all the boxes for me
- Sometimes the administrator faces an inconvenience of logging into the route planner app hindering efficient usage of the software.
- The route planner app’s pricing is burdensome for small businesses with limited financial resources, impacting their ability to sustain their operations effectively.
- The absence of a comprehensive search function covering multiple months and limited photo capabilities hampers convenience and efficiency for users.
- The software’s limited integration with Shopify restricts the ability to streamline order management and update order statuses without leaving the route planner app.
Occasionally, a similar incorrect address has been ripped from circuits to Google Maps and sent drivers to the wrong place
Enhanced security & encrypt maps, Faster geocoding, Street view integration
Batchgeo is basically a mapping tool for professionals. Efficiently transforms your multiple destination’ Excel file into useful maps. Rather than focusing on route optimization abilities it clearly focuses on listing your multiple destinations on the map.
Irrespective of the business type and size, BatchGeo can help you visualize your data and gain insights into core business operations. Users can choose from a variety of map styles, including satellite, terrain, and street view integration. Even they can customize their maps with markers, labels, and colors.
- Imported data can be seamlessly integrated with Google street view, enhancing the mapping experience and providing additional context.
- BatchGeo proves to be a valuable route planner for mapping rental properties and optimizing delivery routes.
- BatchGeo’s streamlined map creation process minimizes the required data entry, enabling users to generate visually appealing and informative maps with ease.
Easily create routes that help keep my days on track and organized.
- Users find it challenging to accurately assign labels to properties according to their desired specifications.
- The export feature does not maintain the necessary association between location names and their corresponding coordinates, making it impractical for users.
- The free version of BatchGeo restricts the number of addresses that can be included, which poses limitations on users’ mapping capabilities.
- BatchGeo lacks the functionality to allow users to designate or update locations as completed on maps that have already been generated.
Wish you could add notes to each location through the app
Efficient mapping of territories, Reloading saved routes, Animate directions
MyRouteOnline is a powerful route planning and optimization software that provides efficient solutions for businesses and individuals who require optimized routes for their daily operations. With MyRouteOnline, users can easily plan and optimize their routes as it is based on Google Maps API. It takes into account multiple factors such as distance, traffic conditions, delivery time windows, and vehicle capacities.
- The route optimization software allows users to effortlessly upload address lists and quickly determine the best routes to visit multiple locations.
- The company’s support team goes above and beyond to assist customers, especially during challenging times like the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Users can effortlessly edit and create routes, including the convenient block editing of stops, enhancing overall efficiency.
Flexible software integrates well with our workflow.
- The available information on how to use the program is scattered, hard to navigate, and not user-friendly.
- Some addresses are not recognized or located correctly on the map, resulting in empty lots and incorrect routing.
- The algorithm used for route planning and route optimization is not always optimal, resulting in less efficient routes that could be improved by manual adjustments, leading to additional time and effort.
A serious lack of information on how to use the program. Personally, I find through whatever information is available, it becomes hard to navigate, all over the place, and dysfunctional. The videos that are supposed to help you get started look like they were from the 90s, with very dry content and not overly helpful.
Easy order import, Dispatch routes to driver app, Tracking real-time driver progress with GPS embedded
Routific is a powerful route optimization engine that can plan local deliveries effortlessly. They can help you plan the shortest routes up to 40% ensuring a delightful delivery experience. Routific’s built-in sophisticated algorithms ensure routes are optimized considering historical traffic, tunnels, bridges, and busy highways.
Routific is one of the thoughtfully designed intuitive user interfaces leveraging intelligent algorithms, real-time tracking, and analytics. Routific even helps you do route optimization, manage schedules, and save valuable time and resources, ultimately driving success and growth for your business.
- Routific eliminates the hassle of creating user accounts or sharing passwords, streamlining the onboarding process for delivery drivers.
- Routific allows users to load predefined route templates, simplifying the process of setting up routes and reducing manual input.
- Users can conveniently upload their Excel files containing delivery information, allowing Routific to generate optimized routes based on the provided data.
Its ease of use is a huge benefit and the reporting provided is great.
- Lack of flexibility in prioritizing specific stops can lead to suboptimal routing and potential delays due to traffic conditions.
- Lack of options to customize notification preferences and the inability to mix and match notifications can hinder effective communication with recipients.
- The per-vehicle pricing structure and additional costs for customer notifications can be costly, especially for small businesses.
- Inability to track the actual routes taken by drivers and verify their location upon delivery completion can be a drawback.
I was very disappointed to know that to retrieve my driver’s notes and places she stops, I had to pay an additional fee.
Google Maps Reliability/Coverage, Access to All Map Tools, API Access
Maptive is a comprehensive mapping and data visualization software that enables users to create interactive maps and gain valuable insights from their data. With Maptive, businesses can transform their raw data into visual representations that are easy to understand and analyze.
The route planning software offers a wide range of features, including geocoding, custom map creation, data filtering, and spatial analysis. Users can import their data from various sources, such as spreadsheets or databases, and visualize it on a map, allowing them to identify patterns, trends, and relationships that may otherwise go unnoticed
- Can customize their maps with color coding, markers, and labels to create visually attractive representations.
- Maptive enables users to analyze data and break down marketing strategies by zip code, allowing for better understanding and targeting of specific audiences.
- The drive time radius tool in Maptive assists in selecting optimal sites based on travel time, improving decision-making processes.
Maptive is very easy to use, with a simple interface that allows for quick and easy map creation.
- Occasional issues related to spreadsheet compatibility.
- Poor customer service, including blocking users during technical inquiries.
- Sluggish performance with large amounts of data on the map (resolved by refreshing).
- Relatively high cost for smaller organizations requiring infrequent map production (lack of monthly subscription option).
Verified LinkedIn Reviewer
Customer services are very bad, they block me on chat when I talked to them in technical inquiry.
360°street view, Location searching, Real-time traffic
About Google Maps
Google Maps is a widely popular web mapping service that provides detailed maps, real-time traffic information, and satellite imagery. Google Maps offers a range of features that cater to various needs, from basic route planning to advanced functionalities like Street View and indoor maps of buildings. Google Maps enables users to search for specific locations, plan routes, and obtain step-by-step navigation instructions for driving, walking, or public transportation.
Additionally, Google Maps offers features like local business information, user reviews, and integration with other Google services, making Google Maps one of the best free route planner for both personal and professional use. Whether you’re exploring a new city, finding the best route for your commute, or searching for nearby services, Google Maps provides reliable and comprehensive mapping solutions that have become an essential part of our daily lives.
- The ability to save places on the map and make my own collection.
- Google Maps can even alert you about the obstacles or traffic coming along the way and suggest you opt for an alternate path.
- You can get street views and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, and museums on Google Maps.
I liked how easy it was to follow the directions and how clear they were. When I put in the address it shows the shortest way without all the traffic
- Google Maps requires an internet connection to function properly, making it less reliable in areas with poor or no internet coverage.
- Collects and stores data on users’ locations and search history, raising privacy concerns for some users.
- Google Maps relies on user-generated data and third-party sources, which can lead to inaccuracies or outdated information.
- Tightly integrated with other Google services, which can be limiting for Google Maps users who don’t use or prefer not to use these services.
- Limited accessibility features: Google Maps does not have voice guidance or other accessibility features that are available on other map apps or GPS devices.
Sometimes it will recalculate the route mid-route or right before I’m supposed to turn or get off an exit and then I either miss my turn or exit.
Free version available
Local business search, real-time traffic updates, offline maps
MapQuest is one of the oldest and most popular route planners known in the industry. It has simple yet useful routing features to help you plan routes in minutes. They have developed mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, allowing users to access maps and directions on their smartphones and tablets.
They offer API integration that allows developers to integrate MapQuest’s mapping and routing capabilities into any of their apps and websites. It is a multi stop route planner app free available. They also offer several other paid plans with more routing capabilities. If you think MapQuest isn’t a good fit for your business, try exploring MapQuest alternatives.
Free version available
Route optimization, Timeboxing, Drag & drop
About Speedy Route
Speedy Route is another route planner that enables you to plan routes and get turn-by-turn driving directions. It has many useful features, including drag-and-drop functionality, rerouting, and driver allocation.
Speedy Route also lets you calculate fuel expenses considering distance traveled and fuel costs. Because of its limited routing capabilities compared to other route planners, it is ideal for small businesses. It offers a timeboxing feature that lets you reach destinations at the desired time only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is multi-stop routing?Multi-stop routing is the process of choosing the most efficient route in order to perform multiple deliveries at different locations. Based on such factors, It considers drivers’ availability, traffic flows, road closures, and urgency of the stops. The advanced route optimization tools can help users create routes covering maximum stop addresses and minimal time.
Can I plan a multi-stop route with Google Maps route planner?Partly yes partly no, you can plan multiple stops with Google Maps but up to the limit of 10 stops only. Within the limit of these 10 stops, you can add/remove destinations. Rearrange the stops and can even send it to your phone. However, this navigation app does not offer advanced route optimization features like considering time windows or vehicle capacity constraints.
What is the best way to plan a route with multiple stops?Using dedicated multi-stop route planners like Upper, OptimoRoute, and Routific, planning routes with multiple stops has been simplified. Routes are not just planned but even optimized, dispatched among the delivery drivers, and can also be tracked with real-time updates.
Is it possible to rearrange the order of stops in my route?Yes, if we take the example of Upper, one of the efficient multi-stop route planners, the dispatch manager can anytime re-arrange the sequence of the stops. They can even re-assign the stop to any other driver in case of any emergency or priority. This can be flexibly done using the drag-and-drop functionality.
Can Upper do multiple-stop routing?Yes, Upper can let the user import the Excel or CSV file consisting of multiple stops or they can even let them add details manually. Further, with advanced route planning capabilities, these stops turn into the most efficient route, considering the priorities of the individual stop or the flexibility to plan pickup and deliveries in a single route or optimize them based on time or distance factors.
Can I save and access my routes for future use with a multi-stop route planner?This feature might not be available in other routing app, however, Upper does provide the save and accessing functionalities of the routes planned as and when you need it in the future.
Can Google Maps optimize multiple stops?Yes! A navigation app, Google Maps has a route optimization option that can optimize multiple-stop routes but is restricted to a limit of 10.
Can a multi-stop route planner suggest points of interest or attractions along the route?Some multi-stop route planners have the feature to suggest points of interest or attractions along the route. These suggestions can enhance your journey by offering opportunities to explore interesting landmarks, restaurants, or tourist destinations. However, this feature may not be available in all route planning software.