Upper is a leading route planning and optimization software. It overcomes the limitations of Microsoft MapPoint to deliver efficient and streamlined route planning for businesses.
Upper is a user-friendly SaaS product designed to simplify route planning for businesses involved in deliveries, sales, and field services.
With its intuitive interface and powerful features, Upper empowers businesses to optimize routes, save time, reduce costs, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
Upper Compared to Microsoft MapPoint:
Continued Support and Updates: Unlike Microsoft MapPoint, Upper offers continued support and regular updates, ensuring access to critical features and enhancements.
Mobile Accessibility: Microsoft MapPoint lacks mobile accessibility, limiting on-the-go route planning. However, Upper recognizes the importance of mobility and offers dedicated mobile apps, empowering users to access routes directly from their smartphones or tablets.
Cloud-Based Convenience: Upper’s cloud-based approach overcomes the limitations of Microsoft MapPoint’s desktop focus. It allows businesses to access the software from anywhere with an internet connection.
Optimization Options: With Upper, businesses can plan and optimize multi-stop routes based on time or distance preferences. Unlike Microsoft MapPoint, Upper enables users to prioritize urgent deliveries and assign service times and time windows. This ensures the generation of the most efficient route tailored to specific requirements.
Seamless Integration: While Microsoft MapPoint has limited integration options, Upper provides integration capabilities with various business systems and applications. This enables seamless data exchange and collaboration, allowing businesses to leverage their existing tools and streamline their workflow.
Live Driver Tracking: Upper’s live driver tracking feature enables businesses to monitor driver locations and progress in real-time. This feature enhances fleet management, facilitates proactive customer communication, and ensures efficient operations.
Comprehensive Reports and Analytics: Upper surpasses Microsoft MapPoint’s restricted data visualization and analysis capabilities by providing highly detailed reports and advanced analytics features. These robust reporting tools enable businesses to gain valuable insights, analyze key performance indicators (KPIs), identify bottlenecks, and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
Flexible Licensing and Cost-Effectiveness: Unlike Microsoft MapPoint’s costly licensing and installation for multiple users, Upper offers flexible pricing plans. This allows businesses to choose options that fit their needs and budgets, making it a cost-effective solution without compromising on essential features and functionalities.
Growth Plan now at $160/mo (flat 20% discounted rate)
For a detailed comparison, refer to the following table:
|Import CSV or Excel Files|
|Continued Support and Updates|
|Time Windows and Service Time|
|Route Scheduling in advance|
|Proof of Delivery|
|Automated Customer Notifications|
|Live Driver Tracking||Supports GPS tracking|
|Swap Routes Between Drivers|
|Curbside Delivery Option|
|Detailed Reports and Analytics||Basic data analytics||Highly detailed analytics|
|Cost-Effectiveness Pricing Plans|
Other important features of Upper that you should not miss out:
- Efficiently import CSV or Excel files to add multiple stops at once
- Plan and optimize routes based on time or distance preferences
- Generate optimized routes for multiple vehicles simultaneously
- Assign service time and time windows for on-time deliveries
- Prioritize urgent deliveries to meet critical deadlines
- Export routes to GPS devices or navigation apps for seamless driver guidance
- Schedule routes in advance and dispatch them to drivers
- Contact book to efficiently manage and store contact information and addresses
- Collect proof of delivery with photos, notes, and e-signatures
- Send automated customer notifications via email or text
- Swap routes between drivers in case of emergencies
- Enable curbside delivery for smoother pickups and deliveries
- Parcel Info feature to locate the parcel in the vehicle
- Integrate with third-party platforms and software
- Provide drivers with a dedicated app for route management
What People Say About Upper
Saved 10 hours per week & delivering 3x more meals with Upper Route Planner. It’s easy to take proof of delivery, the speed is great, it’s super super fast!
Ben Parker,Delivery Manager of Flavors2Go
Easy Territory is a potent territory management and mapping software created to simplify field sales and service operations for businesses.
Easy Territory equips businesses to increase efficiency and spur revenue growth with its user-friendly features and comprehensive capabilities.
The software enables the user to effectively define and visualize territories, plan and optimize routes quickly, save travel time, and maximize customer visit efficiency
Some key features of Easy Territory include:
- Define and visualize territories for balanced workload distribution
- Plan and optimize routes to minimize travel time and enhance efficiency
- Sync data with CRM systems to ensure data consistency and eliminate duplication
- Access territories, routes, and customer information on mobile devices
- Capture real-time field updates and record visit outcomes for up-to-date data
- Generate insightful reports and leverage analytics for data-driven decision-making
- Geocoding and geolocation features for accurate address mapping and routing
- Collaborate and share territories, routes, and customer data for better coordination
Easy Territory Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
Microsoft MapPoint allows users to visualize and label territories on maps, plan routes, and generate step-by-step directions. However, MapPoint lacks the advanced features required for efficient territory management and optimized field operations.
On the other hand, Easy Territory goes beyond basic mapping and offers comprehensive territory management features. It allows businesses to define territories, balance workloads, optimize routes, and manage leads within territories.
With seamless CRM integration, Easy Territory streamlines lead management and ensures data consistency.
Easy Territory additionally offers mobile access for productivity while on the go, which MapPoint does not.
Map My Customers is a powerful field sales management software designed to streamline sales operations, optimize territories, and drive productivity.
With features like customer visualization, efficient route planning, lead generation capabilities, and mobile data capture, businesses can enhance their field sales performance.
The software also offers team management features, activity comparison tools, CRM integration, and robust reporting capabilities for valuable insights. This makes Map My Customers a centralized command center to maximize sales, automate workflows, and generate data-driven insights.
Some key features of Map My Customers include:
- Visualize customers and leads on an interactive map
- Create, save, and share optimized routes and call lists
- Find nearby leads to fill gaps in your schedule
- Log customer interactions on your device
- Assign territories, track activity, and visualize sales reps’ locations on a map
- Collect and compare activities to analyze sales rep performance
- Gain valuable insights with comprehensive reports
- Sync data with CRM systems for seamless data synchronization
Map My Customers Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
Map My Customers’ users can get an on geographical perspective and target potential customers through customer visualization n interactive map. Microsoft MapPoint does not have this functionality.
Map My Customers’ Route Builder and Lasso tool offer effective route planning and optimal call lists based on location, priority, and other factors. On the other hand, Microsoft MapPoint only offers basic route planning.
Map My Customers, as opposed to MapPoint, enables customers to uncover new business opportunities and grow their client base by seamlessly integrating lead generation within the platform.
Another useful tool provided by Map My Customers is mobile data capture. This allows sales representatives to log customer interactions straight from their devices. Microsoft MapPoint does not have a similar capacity for on-the-go data capture.
MapBusinessOnline is a leading map-based solution that assists enterprises in organizing, analyzing, and visualizing their data in a geographical setting.
Businesses can use MapBusinessOnline to import data from a variety of sources, such as Excel spreadsheets. Then, turn that data into actionable insights by visualizing it on interactive and customizable maps.
This user-friendly software provides a wide range of features to assist businesses in managing sales territories, tracking field activities, and optimizing sales routes for more effective logistical operations.
Some key features of MapBusinessOnline include:
- Visualize business data on interactive and customizable maps
- Import data from various sources, including Excel spreadsheets
- Create and manage sales territories for effective territory management
- Optimize routes for efficient logistics and reduce travel time and costs
- Perform demographic and market analysis to gain insights
- Track field activities and monitor sales team performance
- Share maps with colleagues, embed maps in presentations, and print professional wall maps
- Integrate with popular CRM systems for seamless data synchronization
MapBusinessOnline Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
MapBusinessOnline goes beyond simple mapping by offering sophisticated features specially designed for businesses.
Microsoft MapPoint, on the other hand, solely concentrates on the most basic mapping and route planning features.
Due to its cloud-based design, MapBusinessOnline is simple to use from any device with an internet connection. In contrast, Microsoft MapPoint has limited accessibility and collaboration features due to its desktop-based architecture.
In addition, MapBusinessOnline provides CRM system integration, enabling seamless data synchronization. On the other hand, Microsoft MapPoint does not offer such integration options.
Maptive is a cloud-based mapping program that allows users to create and share interactive maps. Since it is based on Google Maps, the same high-quality maps and functionality are available.
Data integration, routing and navigation, geographical analysis, and reporting are among the key features that make Maptive a potent tool for businesses.
Users can simply make maps with Maptive using their own data, such as customer lists, sales leads, or inventory locations. These maps can then be used by them to visualize data, spot trends, and map out routes.
Some key features of Maptive include:
- Integrate data with maps for visualization and analysis
- Plan routes and get directions with routing and navigation tools
- Create and share reports to communicate findings
- Access Maptive from anywhere with cloud-based software
- Use high-quality maps and features based on Google Maps
- Group markers based on multiple data variables
- Create custom sales territories based on data
- Add demographic data to maps for target audience understanding
Maptive Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
MapPoint is a useful tool for simple mapping tasks, but it lacks some of the sophisticated features and capabilities required for in-depth data analysis.
Maptive, on the other hand, provides an extensive and dynamic mapping experience. Users can easily customize map styles, markers, clusters, and layers, allowing for more versatility in data visualization.
By providing robust features like spatial queries, distance and area calculations, and heat mapping, Maptive outshines MapPoint in terms of analysis.
Another major difference is accessibility. The desktop-based nature of Microsoft MapPoint restricts access to the computer on which it is installed. On the other hand, as a web-based application, Maptive enables users to access and manage their maps from any device with an internet connection.
eSpatial is cloud-based mapping software that allows businesses to visualize, analyze, and interpret their data on interactive maps.
With simple data import from several sources, customizable map options, and powerful geospatial business intelligence and analysis capabilities, eSpatial enables users to gain useful insights and make data-driven decisions.
For businesses wishing to harness the potential of location data, eSpatial is a complete mapping solution.
Some key features of Maptive include:
- Cloud-based mapping software accessible on multiple devices
- Real-time communication and updates for accessibility and shared workload
- Plotting and labeling business data with advanced design options
- Optimized routing for calculating the fastest routes
- 20-day planning calendars with useful recommendations
- Sharing and exporting routes to colleagues on the road
- Waze, Apple Maps, or Google Maps integration for turn-by-turn directions
- Building, balancing, and analyzing territories using work index criteria and hierarchies
eSpatial Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
MapPoint is limited to licensed devices within the office, restricting access and collaboration for on-the-go users. On the other hand, eSpatial takes mapping to the cloud, offering accessibility on multiple devices.
When it comes to data visualization, eSpatial shines with its advanced styling options. Users can plot and label their business data with custom symbols, optimized labels, and visual heat maps.
In terms of route planning, eSpatial provides optimized routing capabilities. These capabilities help calculate the fastest routes, consider multiple locations, and even allow the inclusion of stop-off points for breaks or overnight stays.
While MapPoint may offer some basic route planning features, it lacks the advanced optimization capabilities and collaborative benefits provided by eSpatial.
Maptitude is a powerful GIS (Geographic Information System) and digital mapping software that provides a wealth of capabilities for maximizing resources, visualizing and analyzing data, and optimizing sales territories. With Maptitude, users can build custom territories, estimate populations, generate heat maps, and optimize routes using spreadsheet data.
It offers effective tools for territory mapping, route planning, delivery, and logistics. It also gives powerful capabilities for marketing and sales mapping.
The software is known for its simple and user-friendly interface, which enables users to quickly create maps and customize elements like colors, styles, and labels.
Some key features of Maptive include:
- Optimization of site locations, vehicle routes, and sales territories
- Making visually appealing maps and visualizing data from spreadsheets
- Locating customers and estimating population sizes
- Generating custom territories and producing heat maps
- Territory management and mapping functionalities
- Optimization of logistics, delivery, and routes
- Advanced analysis using radius and drive-time tools
- Unlimited layers, geocoding, and routing
Maptitude Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
MapPoint, as being discontinued, is constrained by its lack of regular updates and access to the most recent data.
Maptitude, on the other hand, provides regular updates and annual releases. By doing so, the software ensures access to the updated features, Census data, demographics, and mapping information.
The features offered by Maptitude are extensive and go beyond what MapPoint is capable of. Maptitude thrives in tasks like site location analysis, route planning, and sales territory optimization. Additionally, it offers sophisticated visualization features and even unlimited geocoding and pin-mapping.
Additionally, Maptitude allows for the import of MapPoint files, making it a suitable alternative to MapPoint for customers seeking a seamless transition.
Microsoft’s Bing Maps is a powerful web mapping service. It provides comprehensive maps, directions, and routing, along with up-to-date traffic information.
Users can quickly search for addresses, businesses, and points of interest using the Bing Maps platform. The service offers developer tools for application integration as well as geocoding capabilities.
Bing Maps is an all-in-one platform for navigating, exploring, and integrating maps into a variety of scenarios.
Some key features of Bing Maps include
- Detailed maps featuring satellite views and street-level images
- Directions and route planning for transit, walking, and driving
- Real-time traffic updates and recommendations for alternate routes
- Addresses to coordinate conversion using geocoding and reverse geocoding
- Zooming capabilities and interactive map controls
- Search for points of interest to locate businesses, landmarks, and attractions
- Customizable map overlays and styles
- APIs and developer tools for map integration into apps
Bing Maps Compared to Microsoft MapPoint
Both Microsoft MapPoint and Bing Maps are mapping solutions designed by Microsoft, offering distinct features and functionalities.
Microsoft MapPoint offers desktop-focused features and was primarily developed for Windows-based computers.
In contrast, Bing Maps is accessible online via a variety of devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Real-time updates, cloud-based functionality, and web and app integration options are all provided.
For purposes involving primary-level mapping, MapPoint was appropriate. However, Bing Maps includes more advanced features, including up-to-date maps, street-level imagery, satellite view, and 3D maps, giving users a comprehensive and immersive mapping experience.
Overall, Microsoft’s Bing Maps is a modern successor to MapPoint, making it a preferred choice for many users