A Better RoutePlanner
- 4.0Route Planning
- 3.8Dispatch Management
- 3.8Customer Support
If you’re an electric vehicle (EV) owner looking for software that can optimize your trips while addressing range anxiety, A Better Routeplanner has got your back. Simply select your vehicle model and enter the location of your destination to get the whole trip plan along with charging stations, estimated battery charge, and journey duration.
A Better Routeplanner is an EV route planning application specifically designed for electric vehicle owners to avoid range anxiety and plan their trips with confidence. One of the key advantages of this routeplanner is its ability to provide energy consumption estimates, factoring in various variables like weather conditions and terrain. This helps users understand their EV’s range and plan their charging stops effectively, addressing range anxiety and ensuring a smooth journey.
ABRP also allows fine-tuning their routes by adding multiple waypoints, including detours or points of interest. The app considers charging times at charge stops, traffic conditions, and other relevant factors, ultimately delivering a route that reduces travel time while increasing charging efficiency.
The application is web-based and available on mobile devices, making it easily accessible to users on the go. Whether you’re a long-distance traveler, a daily commuter, or an electric car enthusiast looking for adventure, A Better Routeplanner is a valuable tool to enhance your electric vehicle experience.
A Better Routeplanner Review
- Users appreciate that ABRP provides accurate and detailed routes, considering factors like charger locations, elevation changes, and more.
- It is useful for planning long trips like cross-country trips with ease. It gives you accurate routes with charging point information which is really helpful to avoid range anxiety.
- ABRP provides detailed charging station information like supercharger stops, charger types, charging speeds, and charger availability. It is really great to decide which charging stop is suitable for you during the trip, and it helps in effective trip planning.
- It gives you the ability to change your route on the go by adjusting the routes. You can explore various route options based on your preferences, making it flexible for different driving scenarios.
- ABRP provides you with real-time data, including weather conditions and traffic updates, which enhances route adaptability and makes your journey extremely efficient. This feature helps users make informed decisions during the journey.
- ABRP provides almost accurate battery percentage predictions upon arrival, taking into account various factors like weather, elevation changes, and driving conditions.
- The ABRP can establish a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection with supported vehicle models to seamlessly communicate with a user-installed OBD BLE adapter within the car. This allows ABRP to access crucial data such as State of Charge (SoC), battery percentage, and various other parameters directly from the vehicle. It is available to both iOS and Android users.
- It is compatible with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, allowing users to use the app’s features on their vehicle’s infotainment system.
- ABRP has a lack of flexibility in allowing users to switch preferred units. This not only creates confusion but also undermines the overall user experience.
- ABRP requires you to input information like wind speed and direction manually. This method might seem less efficient. Automating the retrieval of such data from online sources could significantly enhance the user experience.
- The app’s user interface is not user-friendly. Some users find simple tasks like saving their favorite routes to be challenging to navigate and use effectively.
- ABRP is helpful for route planning and exporting for offline use. However, many users have reported about limited app stability. Many times its UI becomes buggy during real-time driving, leading to inaccurate data or unusual graphs. Many users reported that it crashes in real-time, causing disruptions during their journey.
- While ABRP offers various features, it’s worth noting that its battery predictions may sometimes be inaccurate. This could lead to unexpected battery levels when reaching charging stations. Such inaccuracies, especially during long-distance trips, have the potential to leave you stranded if the calculations are incorrect.
- Users using ABRP with Android Auto report excessive consumption of phone resources, battery drainage, heating, and slow performance. ABRP’s functionality with Android Auto is questioned, as it often crashes or freezes, causing you to unplug the phone to restart.
- There are reports of ABRP randomly indicating that a route is no longer available, causing confusion and requiring manual verification.
- Users report instances where ABRP’s charger data might be outdated or incorrect. It needs verification from other sources.
- Despite being linked to Tesla accounts for real-time data, some users find ABRP’s reference consumption to be inaccurate and not reflective of real-world driving as compared to Tesla Nav.
- The free version lacks real-time traffic and navigation, charger information, and navigation, while the car is in motion, which requires a premium subscription.
- 3 Basic Features
- Unlimited stops
- Route planning
- Charging station information
- 10 Advance Features
- Multi-vehicle support
- My drives archive
- Real-time traffic updates
- Weather forecast
- Real-time charger availability and forecast
- Data sharing across users
- Apple watch integration
- Apple CarPlay integration
- Android Auto integration
- Charging notifications
Is A Better Routeplanner Worth the Price?
Even though A Better Routeplanner is a popular route planner app among EV owners, it is important to evaluate how it proves its worth in real conditions. When it comes to choosing a route planning app, the value it brings to the table becomes a pivotal consideration. After all, your investment should translate into a tool that not only meets your needs but also justifies its price tag.
The process of evaluating the worthiness of a route planning app needs a close examination of its features, performance, and the benefits it extends to users. In this section, we’ll delve into the factors that help determine whether the investment you make in a route planning app is truly worth the price.
|Pickup & Delivery Options|
|Multi-stop Selector Tool|
|One-Click Driver Dispatch|
|Proof of Delivery|
|Stops Priority via Color Coding|
|Reports & Analytics|
|Expected Time to Arrive|
- Features A better Routeplanner Upper
Pickup & Delivery Options
Multi-stop Selector Tool
One-Click Driver Dispatch
Proof of Delivery
Stops Priority via Color Coding
Reports & Analytics
Expected Time to Arrive
Try Upper for FREE No credit card required
What People Say About Upper
Saved 10 hours per week & delivering 3x more meals with Upper. It’s easy to take proof of delivery, the speed is great, it’s super super fast!
A Better Routeplanner Features
1. Unlimited waypoints (stops):
ABRP allows you to plan multiple stops or waypoints during your journey. This feature is invaluable for trips with several destinations where you can’t rely on Google Maps. Thus, planning trips is made easy, along with considerations for charging stops, traffic, and distances between waypoints. This also eliminates the manual efforts of finding and mapping charging stations which helps to minimize trip time.
2. Multi-vehicle support:
A standout feature of A Better Routeplanner (ABRP) is its multi-vehicle support. This feature transcends the scope of individual electric vehicles (EVs) by enabling you to manage an entire fleet of EVs within a single account. The convenience is undeniable – you can effortlessly visualize all your vehicles on a map and seamlessly choose the one you want to plan with. Whether you’re a sole EV owner or managing a fleet, ABRP ensures that you stay in complete control of your electric mobility ventures.
3. My drives archive:
ABRP’s “My Drives” feature adds an invaluable dimension to your journey planning. This functionality allows you to save your driving history for future reference. The beauty lies in its accessibility; you can revisit your past journeys whenever you need. Beyond personal use, this feature proves exceptionally handy for sharing your favorite trips or exporting them to Excel files. This versatility helps in analysis, record-keeping, and even reliving your most memorable journeys.
4. Weather forecast integration:
By incorporating real-time weather information into your plans, ABRP empowers you to foresee the weather conditions during road trips. Predicted wind speeds and temperatures equip you to gauge how these external factors might impact your journey. This way, you can make proactive adjustments for an informed travel experience.
5. Live traffic data:
This feature surpasses estimating trip duration – it also factors traffic-induced power consumption into your route calculations. This dual consideration ensures that your plans aren’t just time-efficient but also energy-efficient. ABRP’s real-time traffic awareness equips you with the tools to navigate through congestion while optimizing your EV’s energy consumption.
6. Real-time charger availability and forecast:
Charging an EV efficiently is a cornerstone of stress-free travel. ABRP’s advanced feature set includes real-time and forecasted charger availability. This capability empowers you to make calculated decisions regarding charging stops. Whether you’re avoiding busy charging stations or accounting for waiting times, ABRP’s charger availability and forecast feature ensures that you plan your charge stops without disrupting your planned trip.
7. Data sharing across users:
In the era of data sharing, ABRP pioneers collaborative EV travel experiences. This innovative feature allows you to share your real-time driving data with another ABRP user. Whether it’s sharing a vehicle or providing drive updates to friends and family, ABRP facilitates seamless data sharing.
8. Apple Watch integration:
ABRP extends its user experience to Apple Watch users. With its Apple Watch integration, you can stay connected while on the move. Monitor your EV’s charge status or track your drive progress, all from your wrist. This integration minimizes distractions, offering a safer and more streamlined interaction with your route planning endeavors.
9. Enhanced in-car experience:
ABRP redefines in-car route planning through its integration with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Apple CarPlay provides a seamless navigation experience directly on your car’s screen so that you can stay on track without diverting your attention.
10. Charging notifications:
As you approach the need for a charging stop, ABRP sends timely notifications when you’re within 10 and 5 minutes of requiring a charge. This feature ensures that you’re always well-prepared and on top of your journey, further enhancing a hassle-free travel experience.
Is A Better Routeplanner Right for Your Business?
A Better Routeplanner (ABRP) offers an extensive array of features like route planning, weather forecasts, real-time traffic insights, and in-car integrations, which makes it a good choice for a route planner app.
However, while ABRP’s features are undoubtedly impressive, we can’t ignore the lack of accuracy and functionality in relation to similar alternatives. The investment you make should not only match the features but also fulfill your needs.
To make an informed decision, a balanced evaluation of ABRP’s features, functionality, and overall user experience is needed. While we found ABRP to be a compelling tool, it’s worthwhile to explore other options that might offer better capabilities with more value.
A Better Routeplanner€5/mo
- Route planning only
Save 20% with annual billing
- Route planning and optimization
Unlock Greater Value: Spend Less, Gain More
Streamlined multi-route planning and effortless dispatch in one click
Select the choice that embodies a truly meaningful investment.
Is There an Alternate Route Planner?
Considering the shortcomings of ABRP, an alternative solution like Upper comes to the forefront with features that address these concerns and enhance the overall route planning experience.
Here are some ways where Upper beats ABRP in terms of features and functionality:
Intuitive user interface: Upper provides you with an intuitive and user-friendly interface for a smooth experience. Tasks like saving favorite routes and customizing settings are designed to be effortlessly navigated, minimizing frustration and maximizing efficiency.
Route optimization: Upper not only lets you plan road trips, but it also optimizes them by providing you with an efficient route considering factors like live traffic, weather, and other crucial elements affecting your road trip. You can customize your route by avoiding highways, steering clear of tolls, and more. It’s about putting you in control and making your road trip not just a commute but an adventure tailored to your preferences.
Reports and analytics: Upper isn’t just about guiding your routes; it’s about documenting your travels. You can download journey reports in PDF format from the web, summarizing your trips neatly. You can also access daily or weekly reports that offer insights into distances covered, stops made, and more. It’s like having your whole journey presented in data.
Now you might have been aware of the fact that listed above are some of the essential functionalities that you need to have in your route optimization software. And switching towards software like Upper, which flexibly offers you all of these at your fingertips, can surely turn out to be a wise decision.
Without a doubt, A Better Routeplanner app offers a robust solution with a web interface app and mobile app for those seeking an EV trip planner. Its feature-rich platform not only streamlines route planning but also holds the potential to elevate the journey experience and save you from range anxiety.
However, when it comes to the functionality of its features and accuracy, the landscape might shift for some users. Unreliable and inaccurate SoC could prompt users to explore alternative route planners that deliver advanced features with higher value.
Upper proves to be a promising alternative that shines brightly in this arena. With a comprehensive feature set designed to enhance the journey planning experience, Upper stands as a cost-effective solution that doesn’t compromise functionality. Upper doesn’t provide EV-related features, but this route planner is worth exploring.
Diving into the competitive market, Upper emerges as an optimal choice for those seeking efficiency and affordability in equal measure. If you’re ready to experience the power of efficient route planning, consider giving Upper a test drive with our 30 days free trial
Frequently asked questions
How accurate is ABRP?
A Better Routeplanner (ABRP) claims to provide accurate route predictions like trip time, factoring in various variables, such as weather conditions, real-time traffic data, and your vehicle’s specifications. In comparison, other factors like SoC, charger information, and other predictions come way off from real conditions.
Who owns A Better Routeplanner?
Rivian, an American EV manufacturer, recently acquired A Better Routeplanner from its original owner Iternio. This strategic move enhances the potential to develop further and integrate
Does A Better Routeplanner work with CarPlay?
Yes, A Better Routeplanner (ABRP) offers seamless integration with Apple CarPlay. It allows you to follow your planned route directly on your car’s screen through CarPlay.
How do I set my home in A Better Routeplanner?
Setting your home location in A Better Routeplanner (ABRP) is simple. Log in to your ABRP account, navigate to the settings menu section, and find the “My Home” option. Enter your home address there. This helps in more accurate planning by factoring in your home as a starting or ending point in your routes.
Is ABRP only suitable for electric vehicles, or can it be used for conventional cars as well?
While ABRP is built specifically for electric vehicles due to its emphasis on charging infrastructure, it can also be used for conventional cars. The platform’s route planning and real-time traffic features of the premium version can benefit any driver seeking efficient routes.