Routific may be a good option, but it is not always the simplest tool for delivery businesses. On top of that, it is also not very cost-effective.
This would push delivery businesses to move from Routific to another better route planning tool.
But at the time of looking for a Routific alternative, you must ask yourself these questions:
- Does the alternate route planner work well for small and large teams equally?
- Does it offer a way to keep your customers informed?
- Does it offer a way for your customers to send instructions to drivers?
- Are your drivers able to collect proof of delivery?
Table of Contents
- Why Should Delivery Businesses Look for an Alternative to Routific?
- 4 Best Alternatives To Routific
- Why Should A Delivery Business Consider Upper Route Planner As An Alternative For Routific?
- Choosing an Alternate Route Planning Software to Routific
Why Should Delivery Businesses Look for an Alternative to Routific
Routific is a suitable option, but majorly for large businesses. Small and medium-sized businesses may not find it as useful.
Let us take a look at some reasons why any delivery business would look for an alternative to Routific:
- The Essential plan only offers basic route planning and optimization at $39 per user. For features like proof of delivery, drivers have to pay $59 per month.
- In the Essential plan, there is no way to record driver notes for each stop to inform the dispatcher of critical delivery details.
- Proof of delivery feature only available with the Professional plan.
- The final delivery status report is only available with the Professional plan.
- The pricing for Essential and Professional plans could be lower.
Upper Route Planner
A Simple-to-use route planner that every one is talking about.
- Save up to 95% of planning time
- Save up to 40% of time on the road
- Plan 500 stops at once
No credit card details required
4 Best Alternatives To Routific
Upper Route Planner
Upper Route Planner is an excellent alternative software for route planning and optimization that uses a human-centric design approach.
This software is the perfect fit for any business that manages a team of drivers and needs more than just route planning for its delivery operations.
Our route planner app provides scheduling and route optimization support to small & medium-sized businesses and independent drivers and contractors.
With its human-centric design approach, users find it easier to navigate through time-consuming planning process.
Available on iOS and Android devices, Upper Route Planner allows you to create multiple routes on a daily basis.
Our powerful bundle of features to help you scale your delivery process:
- Quick Excel Import: Avoid manually typing each address into the app. Import up to 500 addresses using an Excel sheet, CSV, or GPX file.
- Route Optimization for Multiple Drivers: Route optimization has never been quicker. Optimize routes with hundreds of stops in under 2 minutes.
- One-click driver dispatch: Divide hundreds of stops among multiple drivers. Dispatch the respective routes to your drivers with a single click.
- Customer Notifications: Informed customers are satisfied customers. Keep your customers informed about their delivery with our SMS and email notifications.
- Accurate ETAs: Establishing a more transparent process is easier with Upper Route Planner. Transparency is improved when each of your customers receives accurate ETAs for delivery.
- Proof of Delivery: Recording proof of delivery helps improve accountability. Drivers can record proof of delivery by clicking pictures or collecting customer signatures.
- Reports: Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Data helps you keep a tab on daily delivery operations, so you can make better, informed decisions.
Best Used For:
- Industries like Meal Delivery, Flower Delivery, Post & Courier Delivery, Inspection Services, Furniture, Sales Reps, and Weed Delivery.
- $39.99/driver, per month, billed annually
Unlike other software, Upper Route Planner doesn’t like to complicate things for its users unline other software. There’s one pricing for accessing all core features.
Circuit Route Planner
Circuit Route Planner is another great alternative to Routific after Upper Route Planner. It’s an intuitive app that helps businesses and individual drivers in making deliveries and delighting customers.
Circuit has two options to choose from: Circuit for Teams and Circuit Route Planner for individual drivers.
Individual drivers can download the Circuit Route Planner on Android and iOS devices as per preference.
While Circuit for Teams is for a delivery business that manages a team of delivery drivers.
- Route Planning & Optimization: Circuit saves hours of planning time and helps you take control of your delivery operations with route planning and optimization. It allows you to optimize multiple routes for a team of drivers.
- Real-time Driver Tracking: Circuit provides real-time driver tracking to keep dispatchers updated about the location of their drivers. It also provides accurate ETAs.
- Customer Notifications: Keeping customers up-to-date with all the necessary information regarding their orders is easy with customer notifications by Circuit.
- Proof of Delivery: Drivers can capture proof of delivery for each order delivered by the drivers.
- It has a shallow learning curve and is easy to use.
- It is easy to send the routes directly to drivers.
- Offers great customer service.
- Expensive pricing.
- Unable to choose a driver for a specific delivery.
- Can be challenging to use the mobile app as a dispatcher..
Best Used For
- Circuit for Teams is for any business that manages drivers, schedules pickups or deliveries. Circuit is used by businesses belonging to Meal Deliveries, Bottled Beverage Deliveries, Plant Deliveries industries
- Dispatch: For teams that only want to create and track routes. Priced at $40/driver, per month.
- Recipient: For teams needing proof of delivery and customer notifications. Priced at $60/driver, per month.
- Premium: For teams with vehicles of different sizes. Priced at $100/driver, per month.
Route4Me is a route optimization software that helps businesses in automating their delivery routing process. It helps plan and dispatch routes to their mobile app.
Route4Me helps improve overall efficiency for businesses by offering real-time routing and GPS.
It helps improve time and money-saving for all kinds of businesses.
- Route Optimization: Optimize your routes by considering real-time factors like time windows, predictive weather, avoidance zones, and priority orders.
- Team Management: Route4Me provides Team management and Operations features. These features provide support in audit logging, activity streaming, advanced team management, and operational assessment.
- Telematics: Route4Me has telematics features like smartphone app GPS tracking and geofencing analytics. These features help improve planning and GPS routing.
- eCommerce Integration: Another Route4me component that can be helpful for businesses is eCommerce integration. Route4Me integrates with platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce, and Magento.
- Notifications & Alerts: Route4Me helps businesses keep their customers informed. Businesses use the customer notifications and alerts feature with a monthly fee.
NOTE: Route4Me offers all its features as an add-on. This means businesses will have to pay a monthly fee to use features like time windows, telematics, customer notifications, and advance team management.
Best Used For:
- Route4Me is best suited for field service, field sales, field marketing, and territory management.
Route4Me has three pricing plans for its route planning and optimization functionalities:
- Route Management – Priced at $149 per month.
Managing business operations with real-time business insights and driver tracking.
- Route Optimization – Priced at $199 per month.
Offers route management features and includes automatic optimization of single-person routes.
- Route Optimization Plus – Priced at $299 per month.
Offer route optimization features for multiple users.Pros
- Allows voice-guided address input.
- Managing driver activity for multiple members is a good feature.
- The app is expensive.
- The route optimization is not very practical at times.
Tookan is often known as the complete technology suite for food delivery businesses. Tookan helps manage all your delivery operations on a single platform. It helps enhance efficiency and provide a great customer experience at scale.
Tookan helps enterprises with optimized routes, planning automation, real-time tracking, and timely delivery of goods for both B2C and B2B segments.
- Task Creation: This is the stage where businesses can accept and inject customer orders and import addresses.
- Task Assignment: Task assignment includes a bunch of highly-important features like automated dispatching, route optimization, geofencing, and manual assignment of orders.
- Task Execution: Task execution offers features like in-app customer notifications, task tracking, in-app communication for customers, and proof of delivery.
- Analytics & Report: Tookan provides reports on the basis of time and distance-based efficiency, pricing, earning, real-time analytics, and rider ratings and reviews.
Best Used For:
- Businesses provide on-demand delivery like food and pharmaceuticals.
- Early-stage: $21 per month. Limited up to 200 tasks per month.
- Startup: $59 per month. Limited up to 700 tasks per month.
- Growth: $137 per month. Limited up to 2000 tasks per month.
- Standard: $257 per month. Limited up to 5000 tasks per month.
- Easy to use.
- Allows live tracking of agents.
- Can’t save two locations or two contact numbers for the same clients.
- Doesn’t allow for any customization.
Why Should A Delivery Business Consider Upper Route Planner As An Alternative for Routific?
- Ease of Use: Upper Route Planner is definitely one of the most easy-to-use route planning software in the market. It has a shallow learning curve. All you need is a one-to-one demo with our expert and you’ll be good to go.
- Human-centric Approach: We try to make things easier for our customers at each step of the process, right from planning to generating daily reports. The human-centric approach constantly helps us make our product more reliable and accessible.
- Helps Scale Delivery Operations: When you have ease of use, you’ll be able to quickly perform all the necessary delivery functions. We have been helping businesses scale their delivery functions by saving time and fitting in more orders with each route.
- Increases Revenue: With increased orders and decreasing cost-per-deliver comes increased revenue.
- Boosts Customer Satisfaction: Our intuitive features like customer notifications, proof of delivery, and accurate ETAs, help you in providing a better delivery experience to all your customers.
- Optimize Time & Resources: Our scheduling and optimization are designed in a way that they help you optimize time and resources not only in the office but also on the road.
Optimized Route Schedules Are Just A Click Away
Sign up to Upper Route Planner and start optimizing delivery routes for your business.
Choosing an Alternate Route Planning Software to Routific
The reasons to opt for a Routific alternative will vary from business to business. Different industries have different requirements. Depending on these requirements, businesses will be able to make a decision whether an app like Routific is better for them or not.
As a delivery business, you must choose a route planning software that comprehends its customers’ needs. That’s the best way to ensure that your specific needs will be taken care of.
One such route planning software is Upper Route Planner We are always open to feedback and we love to provide you with the features that you expect. Get in touch with our team if there’s anything we can help you with.