Optimize routes in a click, collect proof of delivery, schedule pickups & deliveries in a one route
Upper is an Android-based multi-stop route planner app that helps you to plan and optimize your routes quickly in just a few simple taps. Now, it’s time to put away those spreadsheets and manual processes and adopt Upper to plan your routes, saving more than 30% of the time on the road and 20% of the money on fuel.
The Upper app’s advanced route optimization algorithm is appreciated by over 10K users. It ensures efficient routes, considering multiple factors like time or distance, service time, time windows, driving preferences, and stop priority, as well as scheduling pickups and deliveries together in one route.
- Add multiple stops either manually or through Excel or CSV file format. (for import, visit app.upperinc.com and log in via mobile app credentials)
- Efficiently plan the routes considering the flexibility of planning pickups and deliveries in a single route.
- Optimize the routes based on distance or time factors at your convenience.
- Real-time live traffic congestion, weather conditions, as well as avoidance zones (highways, traffic, ferries, bridges, etc.) are considered for effective route optimization.
- Prioritize your deliveries at normal or urgent and plan and optimize routes accordingly.
- Add necessary delivery instructions for recipients to serve them better convenience and clarity.
- Allocate the dedicated service time or time windows as per individual stops preferences.
- Create contacts or address books and plan routes directly through them. No need to import stop files or add them manually every time.
- Duplicate the already existing routes for recurring deliveries in the future.
- Get in-depth route information that includes details of stops completed, scheduled date, start and end time of the route, and other relevant details.
- Collect proof of delivery in terms of photos, notes, and signatures.
- Get facilitated by a curbside delivery option ensuring contactless delivery at the client’s place.
- Set the vehicle type for efficient navigation, considering your vehicle’s specific characteristics and limitations when calculating the optimal routes.
- Set delivery instructions to ensure smooth and accurate delivery of goods or services to the intended recipients.
- No need to re-route the entire plan again, simply reverse the existing route in just a tap.
- Enable real-time customer alerts and delight your customer with live delivery updates through smart and customized email or text-based customer notifications.
- Choose your preferred navigation app for smooth turn-by-turn direction.
- Add notes for customers when each stop either gets “Complete” or “Skip”.
- Get in-depth insights into individual stops as well as the entire route in the report tab on the app dashboard itself.
- Route addresses can be easily exported in CSV or XLS files.
What People Say About Upper
Plan and optimize routes quickly, custom check-in reports, route scheduling in advance
If you’re in field sales and seeking an Android route planner app, consider Badger Maps. It’s designed specifically for field sales and is highly valued by salespeople on the field for its utility and simplicity in planning the most efficient sales trips.
With the Badger Maps application, you can create your route plan by simply selecting the areas on the map you wish to visit using your finger. This user-friendly innovation contributes to Badger Maps’ acclaimed status among its users and its standing among the top apps in this category. Here are some top alternatives to Badger Maps.
- Quickly add accounts in just a tap and use them in the future for easy and rapid route creation.
- No need to create a route again by manually adding individual stops. The entire route can be saved, which is recurring in nature and will need for future reference.
- Efficient mapping capabilities can help you find prospects on your way to completing the scheduled deliveries or sales of your existing customer base.
- Quickly add routes to the calendar and schedule them in advance.
I like the tracking and note functions. I like that I can easily add customers, and they upload a spreadsheet for me. I like the map feature to create a route.
- The paid users have reported various issues like crashes and freezing while using the app. Due to this, they often get kicked out of the app and need to relaunch it again, which is quite irritating and time-consuming as well.
- Due to the absence of proof of delivery, delivery agents might face future chaos and disputes because they can’t provide sufficient evidence of successful deliveries.
- The pricing is based on a per-user model, which some users find to be expensive. There are other alternatives available in the market offering similar features at an affordable price range.
- Does not allow you to navigate through your preferred navigating app. Compulsorily you have to navigate via Google Maps.
I still can’t figure out the lasso. I also have my pins, and it won’t allow me to save them and route my territory on my iPad. I will reach out to customer service, I just haven’t yet.
Efficient planning & route optimization, time windows availability with easy custom check-ins
RoadWarrior is an efficient route planning and dispatching mobile app that can upload hundreds of stops in a single click, ensuring optimized routes for fast, gas-saving routing. Stop addresses can get uploaded faster when FedEx and OnTrac drivers upload them. This is because of the seamless integration of the RoadWarrior app with them.
Route optimization considers all relevant parameters, including fastest time, shortest distance, vehicle speed, transport mode traffic limits, and time windows, for effective planning. You can even try RoadWarrior alternatives to make an informed decision over the choice of the best route planner app for Android devices.
- The ability to avoid highways, tolls, and ferries ensures that you are directed on the most optimal and traffic-free roads.
- The API integration with Waze, Apple Maps, and HERE Maps can be useful for getting preferred navigating directions.
- Integrating with Glympse can ensure you send accurate estimated times of arrival (ETAs) to clients.
- Up to 120 stops can be optimized in a single route, considering traffic, drop-off priorities, school zones, tolls, one-way trips, and more.
A Google User
Very useful app. I can make routes fairly quickly based on speed or distance. The only improvements I can suggest would be the ability to port nine stops at a time.
- Because a free trial is not available, users may limit the ability to fully assess the application’s suitability in relation to their individual business needs.
- If you fail to unsubscribe from the current ongoing plan, charges will be deducted on an auto-renewal basis unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- It might not be feasible for large courier giants that need to route more than 120 stops per route.
- Additional charges per driver can turn out quite pricey for those small businesses and individuals who are price sensitive.
Not worth paying for a subscription. The app keeps deleting/removing my routes. Also, it keeps signing me out, and an annoying pop-up comes every time I add a stop. The pop-up is all about letting me know how many stops are left I can after each stop is added. I canceled my membership.
Time windows, stops priority, accurate estimated arrival times
With Circuit Android app, planning and optimizing your delivery route is easier than ever. The app is the perfect choice when it comes to route planning and optimization. It is specifically designed to tailor to the needs of delivery businesses.
App users can plan the most efficient route, considering either the shortest routes or the minimum distance. These routes are optimized considering traffic congestion and delays, saving as much as 20% of your fuel costs. It takes a few minutes to add stops data and optimize routes with multiple stops. Learn more about its advantages and disadvantages. Check out the top alternatives of Circuit.
- Exact parcel placements when drivers are on the field enable them to locate the parcel location easily. This way, they can speed up the deliveries by minimizing the time spent on the road.
- The delivery status can be marked by the drivers so that the dispatchers can get informed about the current delivery progress and take necessary actions or updates for customer support or coordination.
- Voice enables functionality to add the stops to facilitate hands-free operation and enhance driver safety.
- Circuit Route Planner can get integrated with your favorite navigation app so that you can transit smoothly per your comfort and convenience.
The app is clean, simple, and streamlined. In my experience, it can easily handle over 50 deliveries in one day without missing a beat.
- The option to create recurrent contacts as an address book is not available. So, the drivers need to add the clients manually and type the same clients visited during the week.
- They ask for your credit card details at the time of registering for a free trial.
- The app either crashes or glitches sometimes, especially when you try saving the data.
I’ve been using this app for over 2 years, a month ago, the map started condensing addresses to a random location nowhere near the route.
Shortest routes via proprietary route optimization algorithms
The Zeo Route Planner app allows you to plan the shortest route in a span of seconds. Create your routes in advance, add proof of delivery, and share live updates with dispatchers using the Zeo Route Planner app. Moreover, the app allows you to get the shortest and fastest route and save over an hour each day to go home faster.
If this is not enough, the drivers using Zeo Route Planner app can send real-time ETAs to the recipients, enhancing customer satisfaction and transparency. They can even optimize the routes by adding preferred time windows and can choose the stop type: if it is pickup or delivery.
- Supports multiple languages around the world, so not only the commercial delivery companies but the travel enthusiasts fond of exploring different countries can get benefitted.
- Proof of the parcel placements and the feature to add delivery notes on each stop help drivers easily identify them and minimize the time spent on the road.
- Existing routes can be easily copied through the URL, so there is no need to manually add the stops in case of recurring delivery schedules.
- Pickups and deliveries can be scheduled together in one single route, though the adjustments to place pickups before, after, or in between the deliveries is not available.
Goe Chee Beng
An excellent app for delivery drivers or riders. It plans your multi-stops, saving time and distance. It allows the user to communicate with their customers and generate a delivery status report.
- Color coding the stops for easily identifying the behavior is not available, making it difficult for drivers to track them as per the categorization while on the road.
- Fails to serve the driver about duplicate, incorrect, or vague stop addresses, potentially causing inefficiencies, confusion, and unnecessary time delays.
- You cannot make the address book for recurring delivery/pickup or service orders. Stops cannot be imported via contacts.
- Free trial is not suitable for large or mid-size enterprises as it restricts the users to plan, optimize and dispatch up to 12 stops only.
re.Planted Urban Farm
Awful. The route optimization is not smart at all. Made our first delivery so time-consuming. We passed addresses on our way to certain deliveries only to come back to them later on. I’m canceling my subscription.
Efficient route planning, skip any stop, & delete destinations
MyRouteOnline is a cloud-based multi-stop navigation and route planning app for delivering/picking up parcels or field services. Drivers are given enough flexibility to either re-order the existing route, skip any stop, and add or cancel destinations as per their convenience and scheduled tasks.
Drivers can even get the preferred navigating app integrated right with their MyRouteOnline driver’s app, which provides turn-by-turn directions and real-time traffic updates. All the planned stops in the dispatched route get queued, and upon the arrival of the next stop, drivers get automatically notified.
- Existing routes can be saved and reloaded again in the future at any time and from anywhere.
- Incorrect or duplicate addresses get clearly highlighted. In case of any incorrect address, entered stops need to get corrected with the suggestions provided, and then only you can proceed.
- Serves you the functionality to choose your preferred navigation app to seamlessly integrate with MyRouteOnline for turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, weather conditions, and avoidance zones.
- Bulk entering and importing of the data can quickly create a comprehensive route plan. The software will then automatically optimize the sequence of the stops with minimal manual intervention.
I have been using this app for several years and have had very few issues in that time. The app is easy to use and is the perfect solution for my routing needs. Their customer service is second to none, as any issues receive a quick response and solution.
- Route optimization seems inaccurate. Either skip the routes in sequence, leading you to revisit it again, or suggest longer routes compared to other optimization software in the market
- Because of the lack of seamless navigation prompts, drivers need to manually select the next scheduled stop in the app, leads to a cumbersome user experience while driving the route
- The user interface can be overwhelming for new users, requiring a learning curve to fully utilize the mobile app’s features
- The pricing plans to Pay-As-You-Go, and the address credit limit might not be the affordable route planning app in comparison to the alternatives available with similar or more good features
The app is the complete garage. Inputted 17 precise lat and long locations needed for work. The app routed me to a close address every time. Definitely doesn’t optimize a route in order. It skipped multiple locations that I had to go back to.
Multi-stop routes are planned in seconds, quick route optimization, track progress of team
Route4Me is the best route planning app for Android users to solve their early morning chaos of drivers, dispatchers, and, more importantly, their customers. The app helps you create optimized routes in no time, map multiple stops easily, and assign tasks to your delivery agents. This Android app is bi-functionally designed. First, as a standalone route planning mobile app and second, as a web extension to the dispatcher’s web-app
More than just route planning and optimizing, tracking drivers and their breadcrumbs on a Google map in real-time is possible. This ensures that they’re sticking to their planned routes and staying on schedule. Below are the pros and cons of this mobile app. Apart from this, you can check other Route4Me alternatives as well to make a wise decision before opting for the best route planner app for Android.
- Adding stops has been simplified either through search, speak or type
- Managing fleet and drivers have now been easy because of real-time GPS tracking.
- Drivers get notified instantly as and when the dispatcher makes any changes in the assigned routes. This way, they can stay on the same page.
- Their route optimization algorithms are patented so that the competitors cannot get benefitted from their advanced algorithms.
A Google User
Nice features. Unreliable coordinates. I like the ability to list all my work orders without having to stop and add more due to a number of stop limits. However, the coordinates are only 60% accurate.
- The big red signal coming in the way to opt Route4Me app is an add-on offered with the original price. You cannot flexibly use the needed features without paying additionally for them.
- Conditional customer support is available. You can get assistance for free only up to certain users then, if you wish to continue, you need to pay additional costs per user every month to get the support.
- Further, pricing plans are already way more expensive than the alternatives in the market, the additional payment of $69/month per user can be a great turn-off.
If you don’t plan on paying $10 a month, don’t bother with this app. It’s pretty good with the subscription, but if you don’t have this subscription and try to use the free version, it literally does not work
Generate routes for multiple drivers, No more late deliveries, collect proof of delivery
Logistia route planner is an Android-based route planning app that helps distribution companies and delivery agencies to plan efficiently and optimize delivery routes. It offers eCommerce integrations and a lot of useful features for efficiently planning routes. Logistia claims that it helps drivers get 30% more productive and save up to one hour a day.
It plans the most efficient routes for the delivery agents on the field, considering all the traffic conditions, delivery time windows, vehicle capacities, and much more. Whether it’s about adding stops, optimizing the route between all your drivers, or keeping customers updated, Logistia is your go-to solution.
- Integrating third-party apps with Logistia is easily possible. For instance, if the driver marked the delivery status as fulfilled, it automatically gets updated in Shopify as complete.
- Dedicated customer support is available as they resolve users’ queries in no time as well as fixes any error or bugs when reported.
- The app allows collecting proof of delivery through photos, notes, and signatures to maintain transparency.
It’s very easy to use, if you want you can plan routes days ahead
- Sometimes, the option to export delivery stops via CSV file is not available.
- The app lags sometimes and doesn’t load maps when the routes are dispatched.
- The user experience is confusing and takes a while to get the hang of.
You need to improve on the route planning to be the best planning app on the market.
Turn-by-turn navigation, discover nearby places, collaborative planning
If you are planning long journeys or dreaming of vacationing over exciting destinations, then Roadtrippers is the best option. The app helps you with the most optimized routes that consider all travel experiences. You can plan and save the trip itineraries as well as explore the free travel guides with itineraries for future trips.
Considering the fact that Roadtrippers can turn out to be the WOW option for the travel geeks, however, if you are looking from a commercial perspective, it cannot satisfy your routing business needs and expectations.
- This delivery route planner app is a perfect fit for those who love exploring. Can plan multiple sightseeing locations, restaurants, parks, and roadside attractions together in the most efficient way.
- Tripping routes are optimized in the most appropriate way using advanced mapping capabilities, suggestions for places to visit, and gas cost estimations.
- Multi-stop journeys can be planned, restricting the stop limit of 150 per route.
- Additional guides are offered by Roadtrippers to smoothen your future journeys. Travel guides, pre-planned road trips, blogs, and other valuable resources about destinations and planning your journey are provided
This app has been very helpful in planning our first multi-state camping trip. Planning such a big trip for the first time was stressful for me, but in no time, the app made it easier than ever before to plan everything ahead of time.
- Monthly subscriptions are not available, you need to pay for the whole year.
- Under the Roadtrippers free plan, you are restricted to optimizing just 7 stops and if you want more than that paying for the whole year is the only option left.
- Live traffic update functionality is not offered under the free plan.
L. Jane Borjon
It doesn’t simplify trip planning because links all bring up error messages, so there’s added time and steps to go outside of the app to look up additional info on hotels, restaurants, etc.
Real-time traffic updates, turn-by-turn navigation, alternative route suggestions
Google Maps is a route optimization tool that flexibly allows you to geolocate a specific point, calculate routes, find the nearest places of interest or see the appearance of a place at street level through Google Street View.
Simply punch a location into it, and it will get you there no matter what your transportation mode. Walk, drive, cycle, or take the bus. It can find the shortest possible way for you. Compared to other Google Maps alternatives, here you can even explore the local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in. Refer to this blog to learn more about how to use Google Maps route planner.
- Based on real-time GPS navigation, and traffic congestion, it serves you with accurate ETAs and automatic rerouting based on live
- traffic and road closures. It has satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, and more. It can even alert you about the obstacles or traffic coming along the way and suggest you opt alternate path.
- You can get sView and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, and museums.
I’ve tried other Android map apps, and nothing compares to Google Maps. I have been using it since years ago when I bought my Pixel 2. Now I’m on the Pixel 7 Pro, and it works great.
- The gets laggy and reroutes itself after sending you to the wrong location, it makes things seem closer than they are (which makes you go the wrong direction, causing trust issues as well as potential delays.
- The app sometimes incorrectly calculates toll costs, often by half. It recommends faster routes that have tolls but fails to inform me about them. Paying an additional $5 to save 7 minutes seems unreasonable.
Normally I love Google Maps, but every once in a while, one of their updates wrecks usability. Since the last update, my offline maps do not work, and it is beyond frustrating.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best Android route planner apps?
Some of the best Android Route Planner apps are
- Circuit Route Planner
- Logistia Route Planner
- Badger Maps
How do I install a route planner app on my Android device?
Here are the steps to follow while installing a route planner app on your Android device:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Click on the search bar and enter the name of a route planner app you wish to install. (For example, Upper)
- Select the app from the search results.
- Tap “Install” to download and install the app.
- Once installed, you can open the app directly from the Play Store or find it in your device’s app drawer.
Which is the best route planner app for Android?
In the list of best route planner apps, Upper stands out as the best among all. Right from the features and functionalities offered to affordable pricing, Upper is excelling in all ways. With the advanced route optimization methods, one-click dispatch among drivers, sending timely ETAs to clients, and updating them through customer notifications, Upper is giving its best.
Does Upper consider driving preferences while optimizing the route?
Yes, Upper does consider the driving preferences to avoid while optimizing the routes. It asks us to avoid highways, trunks, tunnels, bridges, or ferries.
Can I sync my Android route planner app with other devices or systems?
Yes, many Android route planner apps allow you to sync data across multiple devices or systems. This typically requires signing into the same account on each device. Some apps may also integrate with car systems, smart watches, or other applications to provide a seamless navigation experience across platforms. Always check the specific features of your chosen app to confirm.
Are there route planner apps for Android that support offline maps?
Yes, several Android route planner apps support offline maps. Apps like Google Maps, HERE WeGo, and Sygic allow users to download maps for offline use, which can be especially useful in areas with a poor internet connection or while traveling abroad to avoid data charges. Always check the specific features of your chosen app to confirm.
How user-friendly are these Android route planner apps?
Most Android route planner apps are designed to be user-friendly, with intuitive interfaces, clear instructions, and easy-to-use navigation features. However, user-friendliness can vary between apps based on design, complexity, and personal preference. Reading reviews on the Google Play Store can provide insight into users’ experiences with the app’s interface and ease of use.