- Route4Me is an expensive piece of software, for any medium-sized or small firm that cannot afford to pay hundreds of dollars for route planning.
- Route4Me’s address detection can be sluggish and unreliable at times.
- Reasons like reduced planning time, automated delivery planning, boosting profitability helps to consider Upper Route Planner over Route4Me.
- Other alternatives can be Circuit Route Planner, Optimoroute, and BadgerMaps.
Route4Me’s route optimization software is a good option for quite a few large enterprises. But that doesn’t mean it is the best option for all kinds and sizes of businesses out there.
To begin with, Route4Me is an expensive software, especially for any medium and small business that cannot pay hundreds of dollars for route planning. With Route4Me’s pricing, if you have more than 10 drivers, then your monthly payment goes up quickly.
Now coming to the features, Route4Me has made its entire software a more customizable solution for businesses. But that means most of the essential features you require to plan and optimize deliveries are available for an additional fee.
These reasons are enough for any delivery business to go out looking for a suitable Route4Me alternative. To make it easier for you, we have listed a few of the best Route4Me alternatives to manage your logistical operations.
Table of Contents
Reasons To Look For an Alternative To Route4Me
Route4Me is a dynamic route planner, but like every other software, it has its downsides too.
- The multi-driver route optimization is sometimes not very accurate.
- Address detection is slow and inaccurate.
- It has a steep learning curve.
- A lot of the important features need to be purchased from the marketplace.
- Creating a route can be time-consuming, even when you upload an Excel sheet.
- SMS and email notifications do not work very well.
- It has an expensive plan for small business owners.
Fortunately, there are several alternatives. Some are quicker, some are more accurate, some of them are slightly cheaper, and overall much better when compared to Route4Me.
Keep reading to learn about some of the best Route4Me alternatives.
4 Best Alternatives To Route4Me Route Planner
Upper Route Planner
Upper Route Planner is our very own route planning and optimization delivery software. Upper Route Planner is the best all-in-one Route4Me alternative for last mile delivery process across the world.
The advanced delivery management software helps businesses of all sizes in scaling their delivery process. It helps automate route planning and optimization and makes the entire delivery process smoother for businesses, their drivers, and their customers.
Here we have covered why Upper Route Planner works as the most suitable Route4Me alternative.
Upper Route Planner Features:
- Excel Import: Need to add 500 stops and divide them among drivers? No worries. Using our Excel Import feature, you can add up to 500 stops by simply importing an Excel sheet full of addresses. This helps you avoid the hassle of manually adding each address to the stops per route.
- Route Scheduling: Have a long list of orders to be delivered for the next few weeks? Why not get done with the planning for the month in advance? With our route scheduling feature, you can plan routes for months in advance so that when it’s time to deliver, you simply pull out the route and send it to your driver.
- Route Planning & Optimization: Plan and optimize multiple routes for multiple drivers in less than 5 minutes. Upper Route Planner takes away the hassle of manually planning and optimizing delivery routes for each driver. In addition to that, it helps you save hours of planning time by optimizing routes instantly. Upper Route Planner optimizes each route while considering real-time constraints like priority stops, delivery time windows, and driver availability.
- Proof of Delivery: Your drivers can collect images and customer signatures for each successful delivery. Electronic proof of delivery helps your drivers report about successful deliveries. It helps you protect your business against customers that might come up with false claims or complaints about not receiving their order.
- Parcel Info: Dispatchers can attach parcel info to each order for easy identification of the parcel in the back of the van. Parcel info includes information like parcel count, placement in vehicle, and parcel photo.
- One-click Driver Dispatch: Dispatching routes to each of your drivers separately causes trouble? With Upper Route Planner, you can divide a list of stops into several routes and dispatch management. It dispatches routes to your drivers with a single click.
- Customer Notifications: Upper Route Planner allows businesses to send automated SMS notifications and email notifications to keep the customers informed throughout the delivery journey. This helps boost visibility into the delivery process and improves customer experience.
- Reports & Analytics: Get a bird’s eye view on your delivery operations using the reports and analytics feature. Identify the loopholes or areas of improvement and make better decisions using the daily, monthly, and weekly reports.
Best Used For
A variety of industries like Meal Delivery, Furniture Delivery, Post & Courier Delivery, Inspection Services, Maintenance Services, Sales Reps, and Weed Delivery.
- Essential plan: Starting from $80 per month for up to 3 drivers
- Growth plan: Starting from $160 per month for up to 5 drivers
- Enterprise plan: Contact for more details
Circuit is the second-best alternative to Route4Me after Upper. It’s one of the intuitive smartphone apps that helps businesses and individual delivery drivers in making deliveries and delight customers easier.
Circuit has two separate options for route planning service: Circuit for Teams and Circuit Route Planner for individual drivers. If you are an individual driver or an extra driver, you can download the route planning app on Android and iOS devices as per your preference.
If you run a delivery business and manage a team of delivery drivers, you can get your hands on Circuit for Teams.
- Route Planning & Optimization: Circuit helps you save hours of planning time and take control of your delivery operations trend with route planning and optimization. It allows you to create multiple routes for multiple drivers.
- Real-time Driver Tracking: Circuit provides real-time driver tracking and accurate real-time update for you to know where your drivers are.
- Customer Notifications: Keep your customers up-to-date with all the necessary information regarding their orders with recipient notifications.
- Proof of Delivery: There is a way to capture proof of delivery for each order by delivery service drivers.
Pros and ConsPros
- Incredibly easy to use with a shallow learning curve.
- Sending the routes directly to drivers was easy.
- Great customer service.
- It’s not always feasible to spend so much on an app.
- Unable to choose a driver for a specific delivery.
- Using the mobile app as an administrator is challenging.
Best Used For
Circuit for Teams is for all businesses that manage drivers, courier fleet, and schedule pickups or deliveries. Some businesses that use Circuit belong to meal deliveries, bottled beverage deliveries, and plant deliveries.
- Dispatch: For teams that only want to create and track routes. Priced at $100 per month for the first 3 drivers
- Recipient: For teams needing proof of delivery and customer notifications. Priced at $200 per month for the first 5 driver.
- Premium: For teams with vehicles of different sizes. Priced at $500 per month for the first 10 drivers
Optimoroute is a route planning software and delivery management app that helps service dispatch businesses provide outstanding services to their clients.
Optimoroute uses sophisticated algorithms to plan and optimize its routes in a matter of seconds. It helps you organize your mobile workforce for maximum productivity.
- Automated Planning: Importing thousands of stops and getting the most efficient route schedules instantly by accounting for all workflow constraints.
- Live Tracking & ETA: Optimoroute collects real-time information from drivers, helping businesses know where their drivers are and get ETAs.
- Real-time Order Tracking: Send customized SMS messages and emails to customers, informing them about the whereabouts and ETAs of their packages.
- Proof of Delivery: Capture real-time delivery documentation for each order delivered.
- Weekly Planning: Plan route schedules for up to 5 weeks in advance with a single click.
- Multi-day Long-haul Routes: These routes allow drivers to cover large areas over several days.
- Analytics: Reports generated to represent analytics-based delivery and fleet insight data to identify success and areas of improvement.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs help you compare actual and planned routes to identify any deviations made by drivers.
Pros and ConsPros
- Easier to upload and change routes.
- Simple user interference.
- The tracking and communication tool is helpful for businesses to communicate with customers.
- Automatic route generator is not great to plan for multi-driver routes.
- Making changes to a plan or replotting is difficult.
- Has a steep learning curve.
Best Used For
Optimoroute is suitable whether you have 10 or 1000 stops or service appointments a month. Some businesses that can use Optimoroute are food delivery, post & couriers, field sales, inspection services, HVAC services, and E-commerce.
- Essential: Plan priced at $39/user, per month, up to 700 orders.
- Pro: Plan priced at $49/user, per month, up to 1000 orders.
- Enterprise: Contact their sales team
Badger Maps is another Route4Me alternative, especially if you’re looking for a routing solution for your field sales team and mile delivery operations.
Compared to regular delivery teams, field service teams need some extra features from a route planning tool, real-time traffic data, and operational costs.
- Route Optimization: Provides the fastest route to reach all your stops.
- Route Mode: Helps you check and manage your entire day’s route without any distractions.
- Lasso: Circle a set of points on the map to group them geographically and reassign to your team instantly.
- Color & Filter: Color & highlight specific points to filter them for cross-sell or upsell.
- Teams: Provides detailed, custom check-in reports for your teams.
- Check-ins: Creating custom check-ins, and adding photos to them to collect the correct data from the fields is easier.
- CRM Integration: Do an easy 2-way seamless integration sync between any CRM you use.
- Leads: Find ideal leads in the field by using keywords like industry, business name, and product type.
- Reminders: Get follow-up reminders and never forget to contact delivery a prospect on time.
- Easy to use with a shallow learning curve.
- Helps monitor covered areas and plan work efficiently.
- Helps save a ton of time and you don’t miss the chance to call on sales prospects.
- Does not offer proof of delivery.
- Pricing structure is expensive.
- Sometimes, the location shown on the maps is inaccurate.
Best Used For:
Medical device sales, pharma sales, construction sales, CPG sales, beverage sales, technology sales, dental sales, agricultural sales, manufacturing sales, wholesale, insurance, and financial sales.
Badger Maps has two pricing plans, as follows:
The Business plan costs $59 per user, per month.
You get access to route optimization capabilities along with basic CRM integration and weekly reports. It is the most popular plan of Badger Maps.
The Enterprise plan costs $105 per user, per month.
You get access to all the features in the business growth plan and additional features like advanced CRM integration, set custom roles, and permissions, and one-on-one account training with Badger representatives.
Customer ReviewsWe went through different alternatives of Route4Me, but when it comes to comparing all the software in terms of features, functionalities, pricing, ratings, and reviews, Upper Route Planner stands out from all. The software has all the important features with affordable pricing plans. Continue reading to know why you should consider Upper over Route4me.
Upper Route Planner
A Simple-to-use route planner that every one is talking about.
- Save up to 95% of planning time
- Save up to 40% of time on the road
- Plan 500 stops at once
Why Should You Consider Upper Route Planner As An Alternative for Route4Me?
Here are some of the major reasons why you need software like Upper Route Planner to manage your delivery route planning.
- Reduce Planning Time: Manually planning each route will take hours time and effort. But Upper Route Planner plans multiple delivery routes in just a few minutes.
- Save Time & Money: Having dedicated resources to plan routes means spending way too much money and time on route planning. Save money and time with Upper Route Planner’s automated and quick route planning.
- Automate Delivery Planning: When you have smart software like Upper Route Planner, you don’t need to worry about managing your pickup & delivery planning manually.
- Scale Your Deliveries: With optimized routes, it becomes easier for your drivers to have the most accurate directions. Covering more stops with each order then becomes possible.
- Boost Profitability: When your drivers are able to cover more stops and deliver more orders within the same time and details with the same amount of resources, business profitability also gets a boost.
Among all Route4Me alternatives, Upper stands out from all when it comes to features, functionalities, ratings, reviews, and affordable pricing.
Upper Route Planner
A simple-to-use route planner
that every one is talking about
Still, have some questions in mind? Don’t worry. Here, we have answered frequently asked questions.
- The first plan is Route Management at $199 per month.
- The second plan is Route Optimization at $249 per month.
- The third plan is Route Optimization Plus at $349 per month.
Final Thoughts on Route4Me Alternatives
The Route4Me alternatives mentioned in this blog have been used thoroughly and weighed against the features and pricing of Route4Me. Whether you are a business and enterprise offering door-to-door service or doing pick-ups and deliveries, you will need to keep good routing software in your arsenal.
If you feel like Route4Me is not the best route planning software for your requirements, you need not worry. We have you covered with the alternatives.
Upper Route Planner is the most suitable option for any kind of business handling multiple drivers and their schedules. It not only has all the necessary features as a delivery management platform but is also affordable when compared to other route-planning software.
If you are looking for an efficient and cost-effective way to plan and optimize local deliveries and driver schedules, Upper Route Planner is the best bet for you. Try out our 7-day free trial today and see how it suits your requirements.